Q about logging in to this site

• Why is is that when I leave this site for more than 20 mins or so I have to -tediously- log in again on the (German) entry page, whereas I can visit on my iPod Touch after many months away and I go straight in, still being logged in?

Cookies are enabled of course, and I tick the 'angemelded bleiben' box...

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• Hi Wildatheart,
    the cookie timeout is set to 3600 seconds. After this time without activities, the system close the session automatically.

That isn't a bug, that's a security feature. :mrgreen-angel:

You can bypassing this, when you click to "Who is online", when you will leave the site for some time.

The start page is at the moment in German (the Masterlanguage is German). We will change the start page from www.8er.org in the next time to English.

Regards

• Thanks for the reply; personally, I would like to propose that the time limit may be extended to at least 24hrs; even -for example- eBay doesn't seem quite as 'aggressive' in logging people off, and surely the 8er site must rank relatively low on a security-risk-scale.

It does seem strange that I can access this site pages from my iPod Touch without having to log in manually, regardless of how long I've been away.

Thanks again!

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!