850 automatic gearbox for sale

• have a 4 speed auto gearbox from a lefthand drive car for sale. its done 90,000 km (55,000 mls) located in the uk if anyone is interested make me an offer!! i also have a bonnet and bootlid for sale in mauritus blue, and a grey interior plus other odds and ends, cheers

• They were in this location prior to the facelift for MY 1993 (the switches specifically even before MY1992). You can see the pre-facelift status of the seats also in the following: non foldable rear seats, black plastic guides for seat belt (chromed from MY1993).
    During that time the lumbar adjustment was part of the horizontal/vertical alignment switch. Later a lumbar switch of identical shape to the heated seats switch was used in said location.
    The rear seats will be an easy fit only for pre MY1993 cars. Others´d have to remove & replace the parcel shelf and more.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Pete, I have sent you mail regarding the seats they look just the thing Iam looking for, get back to me.

One question they look like silvergrey 0353 is this correct?

Thanks again

Steve

If we can do a deal I will pick them up :top:

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• Zitat von reinhard;55748

Later a lumbar switch of identical shape to the heated seats switch was used in said location.

Do the seats come with the lumber supports inside so it would be possible to retro fit this lumber support to the later sport seat?
    I take it #8 is the switch in question?

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• The lumbar support is in fact a number of things. What is pictured in the EPC is only a generic picture and does not explain the one used in the (later) E31s.
    I cannot speak for the ones in use up to MY1993 as I have not seen one of those yet.

In other BMW series of that time the Lumbar support was a mechanical twisting pad.

In the (later) E31 it is a bladder that is pressurized/depressurized by a pump (in a bag) located shoulder high in a recess of the plastic frame.
    It can be accessed once the seat back has been removed.

This is a somewhat similar set:

Sports seats can be retrofitted with lumbar support. The wiring is in the seat. It has been done but is a PITA.
    Sport seats have never been offered with lumbar support - maybe sports and lower back pain did not go together marketingwise ;)

The switch pictured in the EPC ain´t (quite) the one and the picture is misleading.
    For the early E31s the lumbar adjustment was integrated in the seat back tilt lever (had this wrong above) and looked like this:

Pic taken off 91 US instructions found on http://www.wuffer.net.
    One needed to push the button down and then either twist fore or aft to move/inflate the lumbar support.

This is taken from a late user´s manual and shows (nearly :D) what the switch looks like from MY1993.

You ought to find one or the other depiction in your car´s instruction book - possibly located in the glove box :grin2:

Cheers
    Reinhard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!