Wanted" BMW Business Radio CD43

• Hi-
    I am looking for a CD43 business radio to change out from my tape unit. Anyone have one to sell?
    Thanks
    Rick

8) 97 Black/Black 840Ci
    The prudent man measures the gain to the risk. Life without risk is life without gain.

• If you don't mind sticking an M-badge or similar over the Rover logo, then this one might be worth following; the seller has not put cd43 in the title, so I suspect many potential buyers are likely to miss it...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Rover-MG-ZR-ZS-25-45-CD-Player-Security-Code_W0QQitemZ140292051455QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item140292051455&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• Hi Rickard

I have a Genuine BMW Business CD (Blaupunkt CD43) for sale, i have just finished installing one in my 840 along with the later CD Changer PI and have another one I can sell you.

This is a great upgrade, and keeps the car looking stock. Only got a European code for it, you can probably get an american code over there on the bay and you will need to reset it for American radio reception which i understand is quite easy. I also can get you a scanned copy of the BMW CD Instruction Manual.

You would have to do all this for a Rover one as well

PM me if you interested :top:

Regards
    Rob

• Hi Rob-
    I am interested...but I don't understand. 'only got a European code...'. The code is the code. There is only one code for a radio. US used 5 digits, Europeans use 4 digit code followed by a - -. I have a European CD43 that works for the radio part, but will not accept the CDs. It just ejects a CD as soon as you put one in. That is why I am looking for another. My '97 840 has the M-bus cable to the changer and will not work with the CD43 unless and my Pioneer changer unless I change out the cable to an I-bus and the changer to a I-bus model also. Did ypu put in an I-bus cable in your 8?
    I am also not sure what you mean by 'I can get an American code for it on the bay'? The radio code is the radio code....I don't believe it knows whether it is American or European. What resetting is needed for American reception? Is there a different FM frequency range used in Europe? (88 - 108MHz)
    Perhaps you can explain the questions I have above, and then I am interested in the CD43. (assuming the internal CD player works). I know I will lose the use of my 6 disc changer untill I swap out the M-bus for the I-Bus cable.
    Price + shipping to 23452???
    Thanks
    Rick

8) 97 Black/Black 840Ci
    The prudent man measures the gain to the risk. Life without risk is life without gain.

• Rick,

Before you commit to the hassle and cost of replacing your CD43, it might be worth buying a CD cleaner disk. It could be that the malfunction is caused by dirt on the lens, and it's worth the small outlay just in case.

Here in the UK you'd buy something like this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3123

(It's just a CD with a little brush fitted to it).

And for what it's worth, the security code card that came with my CD43 has both a US and European code on it. I have never used the US code, but I always imagined it would unlock the 'US version' of the unit.

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• That's a great idea and worth a try. Although, my player won't accept a cd, only spitting it out as fast as it gets put in. Still, I'll get one tomorrow.

8) 97 Black/Black 840Ci

• Oh, on the code info. My player came from Lativa with a unique code of 5978--. The BMW radio I removed from my US 840 had a code of 63433. Note that the US radio had no number above what the buttons on the radio are. The code is put into the radio by pushing each of the storage butons that is the code. IE-push the #6 then #3 button, and so on. The radio from Europe I had to push the first, #1 button five times, the number 2 button nine times etcetera. The US model would not show the code as it is put in. The European model showed the numbers in the readout as you put them in. That has been my experience. I am not sure what a 'US version' would be. If that were the case, wouldn't they (BMW or Blauplunkt) make a US version, UK version, German version, French version and so on. I just don't know.
    Still, the cleaning disc is worth a try. thanks for the link.
    Rick

8) 97 Black/Black 840Ci

• Hello Rickard

The player I have spare did not come with the original code card therefore I have only been given the European code (it was written on the unit) and not the US code as well.

By "On the bay" i meant EBAY, as in the UK you can get a code for these stereo's for £7.50 by email from DND Services, but it will only be the european code. I assume you can get the same sort of service in America for the American code? If you can let me know i can give you the serial number and i will pay for the code to see if it works.

Europe uses the same frequency range for radio reception on FM but the incremental stepping is different, so you have to set the radio to the region that the radio is going to be used in plus must be set to your area of the world or the AM, FM, RDS and PTY features won't work correctly. They have 4 regions - Europe, US, Japan, Oceania (Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand etc). You have to set the CD player up for each area which i can do, but then you need the code for that area, Japan does not use a code. This was to save manufacturing area specific models, 1 does it all now!

The CD player works fine, i have run it around in my 840 for a few days with the EDC switched on too!

I'd rather not talk price in public, Send me a PM or email.

Thanks Rob

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• Zitat von rickard681;57943

. Did ypu put in an I-bus cable in your 8?

Yes
    New Changer cable and I-bus lead, + power connects, about £70.00 from the BMW dealer all in, and not to bad to fit, once you have worked out how your dash comes to bits!

Rob

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!