Silencer brackets

• I am passing this on for my 8 friends if not aware already:

The silencers are held on by 2 hanging brackets each (one either side of silencer).
    The brackets themselves consist of 2 parts - the main bracket bolted to car body and a bottom bit which fastens to bracket end and grips the silencer.

I have just had one of the bottom bits rust off and leave a dangling silencer to some extent.

The total bracket is around £8 and about £1 for the end attachment, which you can buy separately.

Keeping observation on these brackets and end attachments on a regular maintenance basis, and replacing as necessary when showing signs of rust, will be a very economic and preventative activity.

• Thanks for the info. The previous owner of this last 840 I purchased was not a car guy and had the dealer maintain it from day one. The very parts and reason you described was indicated on one of the most recent service records. He drove out of there £1628.00 later with everything new from the silencers back!

• Hi HD, I've just found out that it is said bracket that is causing an annoying squeak over some bumps and when closing the boot :dontknow:

any chance you could give me the part number and where did you get it from ?

is 18211723132 the correct number for the bottom bracket ?

Cheers, Alex

There are 10 types of people in this world,
    those who understand binary code,
    and those who don't !

• No Alex....Bracket is 18201723190 and bottom piece is 18211723410.

Obtainable from BMW dealer at cost of £8.44 and £0.83 plus vat respectively.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!