Help Jud Please

• Hello Steve;

You may not be aware of the policy of providing information about cars without referring information. Please visit this page:
    http://www.8coupe.com/contact.htm

We will publish information about a car when and if it is publicly for sale with a valid referring URL/link to the advertisement. Otherwise, nothing will be provided.

• Zitat von Steve5;61746

Jud, You will find it on here, not sure why the policy is like it is I want to know about this car before I buy it? :hmmmm:

Before I answer, let me ask you a question: "Would you like someone to publish information about your car without permission when there's no evidence that the car is for sale?"

If you answered yes, then you are in the minority.

You initially asked this question: "Hi - can you give me the run down on this car CB57344? "

It is difficult for me to figure out if this car is for sale somewhere based on the privacy policies of the Registry.

Here's the crux of the problem: If someone publicly asks information about a car without a link/URL to it, regardless of one's stature in the 8er community, and I answer it and then it's learned that this car wasn't for sale, then guess who gets in trouble? Certainly not you. It's me.

Therefore, when you are unable to provide a link or a URL to a car for sale, then avoid asking about it publicly in a forum, especially without context. Information is shared on an 8er when it is publicly for sale. Not for sale? Then the owner writes me an email giving me permission to do so on an offline basis.

Zitat von Steve5;61746

Now about this car: CB57344

Here's the Pistonheads link:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/955866.htm

IMHO, there seems to be an air of desperation here. Three price reductions within 7 days. You can probably negotiate any deal you want on this car. Anytime a car goes from £4,500 to £3,995 to £2,995 in price reductions, this means there's desperation and probably some hidden repair issues. Proceed with caution.

Vehicle overview:
    Exterior colour: BRILLANTROT ( 308 )
    Upholstery: SILBERGRAU HELL MIT SCHWARZ LEDER (0354)
    Prod date: 1991-January-22

There were 6 RHD M70 850iA/CiA, all UK market versions. This was the 2nd of the 6 cars produced in this colour combination. It is the best equipped of all six produced:

Order options
    No. Description

214 AUTOMATIC STABILITY CONTROL+TRACTION
    223 ELECTRONIC DAMPER CONTROL (EDC)
    245 STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT ELEC
    301 DIEBSTAHLWARNANLAGE MIT ZV
    303 INNENRAUMSCHUTZ/NEIGUNGSALARMG
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    488 LUMBAR SUPPORT DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    687 RADIO PREPARATION
    694 PREPARATION FOR CD CHANGER
    812 ENGLAND VERSION
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT
    925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

Good luck.

• Jud,

Thank you for the information both with the car and how the system works I can better understand the system now, as always your production information base is impecable.

Cheers

Steve

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!