Supercharger install

• Zitat von Noggie;80524

After 3 map's with deterriorating result, leak checking, thorrough troubleshooting and setting up the the blow off valve to no avail

Noggie,

so did you have a leak or blow off valve issue during your dyno runs or do you feel confident that all dyno runs including the last two with degreasing HP had full boost.

thx
    firebird

• Zitat von firebird;80586

Noggie,

so did you have a leak or blow off valve issue during your dyno runs or do you feel confident that all dyno runs including the last two with degreasing HP had full boost.

thx
    firebird

everything was more or less OK.
    Did a lot of experimenting with the blow off valve.
    when this was too strong (mostly closed) the pressure vented back through the SC.
    When too loose it was chattering all the time.
    have changed the preload on the blow off valve spring, but other than that nothing.

When we started to look into my hot exhaust and very hot engine compartment we discovered that the camshafts had a valve overlap, so that the exhaust valve was still open when the intake valve opened and part of the mix got blown straight out in the exhaust manifold and burned there.

Nothing we could do in the map so I had no choice but to replace the cams.
    Perhaps I could have got something that worked with a new state of the art system like Haltec or Vipec, but the cost would be 2500+++ Euro.... and it still might not have worked.

Returning to stock cams was the easy soultion, with the added overspeed pulley I will get plenty of power.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• My engine as of tonight.

Stock camshafts are installed and adjusted, we are ready to start re-assembly.

Waiting for the intakes and the valve covers and need to paint these.
    Also some small bits from BMW that I hope to get before the weekend.

Decided to do some cosmetic stuff to the engine while it was in bits.
    If I get the parts I need I should have it running by the weekend.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• My engine bay as it looks now.

Thanks to Gerry I now wirelocked my banjo bolts so there is no way these are coming out.

Then one with freshly painted valve covers, also notice the polished distributor cap housing.

And my intakes, now black.

This is the extra SC pulley, and you see some of the piping, the SC is on the left, but you can hardly see it.

When we first started her up she only ran on 6 cylinders, after a restart all 12 worked fine.
    The first drive was somewhat disappointing, there was not much power there at all.
    Second start got a lot better, and I think the car will keep running better as the DME adjusts themselves.

Tried to put on an overspeed pulley but 4 of the 8 Allen keys got rounded off, Will have to get that done later.

Look really good now and I guess I will make it to the Holland meeting next weekend.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!