Airbag light

• There are just too many connectors, wire colours, splices and different versions! The only constant seems to be the SRS unit itself and there are two versions of that. Rather than chasing wires and splices I would probe the SRS unit with everything live using a sharpened probe. The -ve probe I would have clamped to the chassis. I would measure voltage rather than resistance.

With the unit live I would check the wires on X74.

Pin 5 = battery voltage
    Pin 6 = 0V
    Pin 7 = 0V-2V if the SRS light is illuminated
    Pin 15 = I would expect this voltage to vary depending on the weight on the passengers seat

I would also note the voltages on the other wires with/without the seat belts done up

Let us know what you find.....

• Good idea, the thought never even occured to me. There are just too many things that I've tried lately where the results doesn't seem to make sense and I feel like I've been going one step forward and one step back over and over again..
    I'll see if I can find and buy a sharpened probe tomorrow.. the ones on my multimeter are way to thick, and I'll check it out as soon as I have time. Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!