AUTO GEAR BOX FILTER PART NUMBER ? M70 1992 850i

• Hi all,

Quick question does anyone know what the part number is for the Auto Gear box fluid filter ?? For a 1992 850i

I have found the part numbers for the gasket and O-ring that i will need but i cannot see the filter anywhere on the diagrams on realoem.

Please can someone tell me what the BMW part number for the filter is as im going to do the fliud change this weekend.

Many thanks !!!! :itsme:

• Hi Tim,

I think the part you need is the oil strainer (part #15) http://bmwfans.info/parts/cata…ontrol_unit_attach_parts/

i bought all of the bits to do a transmission oil change (except the oil itself) from BMW (mine's a 91 so the same gearbox as yours). Filter and some other bits besides. I got scared off by claims by gearbox would fall to pieces but you can buy the bits off me if you'd like? I could send them by courier tomorrow for a saturday am delivery? I'll only be able to tell you exactly what i've got when i get home (8ish) but it's all you need for an oil change. You will need special oil as well, not your Halfords crud.

How are you getting on with your ticking valves BTW?

Nick

• Hi Nick, Many thanks for the offer mate but ive just ordered everything from the local BMW place for a Saturday pick up before I saw your post :D :P Very kind of you though.

As far as the ticking lifters are concerned, I have never seen a cleaner engine lol. The spray bars are perfect and squirting oil from every hole. I also did a compresion test and every cylinder came back as 15.5 which is good. The cams and rocker arms look fine.

This is the reason i am doing the gearbox oil because i have a nasty feeling the "grinding/growling" noise when accelerating is coming from that instead :help: lol. The car has started to not engage into Gear properly the first time after starting now and again which is worrying :(

I am hoping that changing the gear box oil will solve all my problems !!! (wishfull thinking maybe?)

P.S Thanks very much for the lend of the tools Nick, i will get these posted back to you asap. Was putting everything back together 100times easyer than taking it all apart or what !!!

EDIT: Many thanks Pelle you were correct aswell.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!