• :banghead:Well I just thought I would share my pain. As some of you will know I had planned and prepared to take my beauty to Gaydon so much so that I put her in the paintshop for some TLC. However the painter let me down and the car was not ready (got her back now so photos will be loaded up soon once I do some further work). Anyway I decided to beg the wife to use her car on the Sunday when 10 miles from the show the cambelt snapped on her car (you must have been thrashing it she said, I probably was:grin2:) yesterday I got the call from the stealers................ £2368.95...:banghead: nothing I guess to the ear bashing I am getting at the moment but money I would have rather spent on the 8.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• ...not sure why your getting the earbashing mate? it would have gone with anyone driving it??? i suppose as you were on your way upto gaydon but surely thats besides the fact?

i take it internal engine damage occured when the belt went to accrue such a bill? either that or its got an animal on its logo somewhere...

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• Sorry to hear that Lloyd! Hope you get it sorted...

Sorry for sounding stupid (I often do) but I thought the 8 didn't have a cam belt?? Isn't it a chain??

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• aaahhhhhhhh now that makes sense!

I had the cambelts changed on the Shamal last month, you don't want to know the damage for that :(

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!