becoming a 'member'?

• Hi all! i need access to part numbers but cant view them due to not being a 'member'!

How do you become a member...ive looked around quickly but cant find a way? :hmmmm:

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• What part of the forum blocks you?

Incorporated into 8er.org is the host 8er.ch which is organized as a club with supporting memberships (you can recognize them as "Clubmitglied" (Club member)).

We have a "supporting member only" area but it is 90%+ in German language so maybe not that much of use for you.

To become a supporting member you need to part with 100 EUR (currently no annual fees). The membership fee is solely used to keep this site running. We do have quite a few international supporting members tackling the language barrier - thanks for your support guys (you know who you are) :top:

Here is a breakdown of total costs for 2007/2008 - use Google translate or similar if the language does not appeal to you ;)

What part numbers are you looking for?
    We also help without pay :laugh:

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Hi Reinhard, thanks for the help!

Technical Issues > Part Numbers - is the part i cannot view properly - it appears broken ie html image links everywhere and cannot download the pdf etc and "error 404"

Any assistance gratefully recieved! i have a list of around 10 parts i need codes for? :top:

• Ach, I see. This is legacy stuff from the old .com website which was once assembled by Philippe who ran that site until it came to a grinding halt some time in 2005 or so. At that time there existed "Gold" memberships and such but this has no relevance today.
    The links in there seemingly got lost in translation when the two websites 8er.ch and clube31.com were merged into one.
    The pages in there were basically cutouts of the then rare parts catalogue. This was before realoem.com and bmwfans.info existed.
    You´d be much better off checking for your parts using one of the two sites mentioned or even better grab a copied ETK-DVD off ebay (psst) for your home use.
    If this doesn´t help let me know what you´re looking for.
    Cheers
    Reinhard

• again, many thanks Reinhard!

Ive used realOEM before but unfortunately the part numbers dont correlate with my parts suppliers database.

HOWEVER! thanks to your advice i went onto bmwfans.info and the part numbers appear to correlate correctly with my suppliers.

Excellent! :top:

thanks.

Ben.

• Hi Iceman! here are the parts i need...

Rear Shock Absorber x2
    33 52 1 137 474

Rear Shock tops x 2
    33 52 1 091 605

Rear silencer hangers x2
    18 20 1 723 190

Hanger mounts x 2
    18 21 1 723 101

centre track rod x1
    32 21 1 138 857

O/S/F track rod x1
    32 21 1 135 666

Castor Control Arm Bush x2

Rear trailing arm front bushes x2
    33 32 1 090 452

A/C + PAS belts

Rear Prop Shaft coupling
    (Coupling + gasket; 1.60 )

- All according to BMW Main dealers... im looking into the rear shocks as they are leaking slightly...not sure if its bad enough to replace them though...or wether they can be repaired... if they need replacement then i will go with bilstein sports...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!