8Coupe.com - Passing the torch

• The website 8coupe.com, widely known amongst 8-series enthusiasts and hitherto run and maintained by our esteemed colleague and club member Jud Spencer (Denver, CO, USA) has undergone personal changes.

Jud Spencer handed over the reins and responsibilty for 8coupe.com to Reinhard Wolf, effective 2010/08/08.

For those not yet having heard of that unique website 8coupe.com: in a nutshell 8coupe.com, expertly led and developed by Jud Spencer, has become the central archive around the BMW E31 8-series cars outside, and surpassing that of, the BMW headquarters.

After years of painstaking work Jud and his team of volunteers succeeded in collecting and cataloging all 30,621 data sheets of the 8-series. 8coupe.com contains the only database worldwide which holds information about any E31 ever produced and how it left the BMW factory in Dingolfing. Additionally more than 5,600 cars have been identified and cataloged over the years with their real life data and appearance. More than 1850 E31 owners so far registered themselves in the owner database also hosted at 8coupe.com. Every 8er owner is kindly asked to sign up at 8coupe.com!

As a result 8coupe.com undoubtedly contains the largest and singular archive covering all E31 models. Using that data, assembled and supplied by Jud Spencer with the utmost precision, our knowledge about the 8-series and down to intricate details of its history has been extended far beyond that of any other BMW model.

8-series enthusiasts all over the world have come to know and appreciate the services rendered to the community by Jud. His work has made the website 8coupe.com a treasure chest for the worldwide 8er community.

We, the International 8 series community at 8er.org, would like to express our gratitude to Jud for the unsurpassable service and support of the community for so many years. You have generously let us drink from your fountain of wisdom and for uncounted times shed light into the darkness of E31 history.
    Our heartfelt wishes will be with you on your upcoming endeavors!

We are honored to know you as a club member amongst us.

A special honor has been bestowed upon us with Reinhard Wolf, board member of 8er.ch, accepting the lead for 8coupe.com from Jud Spencer and continuing the work in the set tradition.

We look forward to hearing more exciting news from 8coupe.com and our best wishes for ongoing success will be with Reinhard along with full support through the 8er.org community.
    ---
    The board of the Internationale 8er Gemeinschaft, BMW & Alpina E31-Club

• Well after years of very valiant service one of the most dedicated and knowledgeable guys on the geneology of the 8 series is retiring. I for one will miss our communications and chats on the phone and his phenominal grasp of all things 8. I hope Jud, you will not miss TOO much the
    tremendous following that you have built up over the years in solving numerous problems for the international 8er community. We should be aware also that in the dark days of this site it was Jud's extremely hard work that saved 8er.org from the dustbin and provided us all with a very strong method of communication for all 8 Series owners worldwide that we use today. Jud may we wish you happy retirement, at least from 8coupe.com, and a long and happy life. It has been my pleasure to work with you on some of the issues that relating to 8s in the last few years.
    Our best wishes to Reinhard Wolf in taking over the 8 Register and have no doubt he will take the Registration project forward with everyones continued support.
    Our best wishes Jud. Tanya & Peter:winkwink:

• Well said, we owe a deep debt of gratitude to individuals like Jud who devote their time and enthusiasm to preparing such a superb resource. Jud's work ensures the E31 is not buried in the mists of time, rejected by BMW as a failure. We owners know that this car has something unique about it and our personal efforts and lavished care will ensure it lives on. The data Jud has compiled is phenomenal and endorses the pedigree of this car, ensuring we can trace each car's history. All the best of health for your retirement Jud! And thank you Reinhard for taking on the baton.

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• I want also to compliment and thanks Jud again for his great work for the 8-series overall!:top:

For many years we have a good contact and shared our things about the passion we all have....

Most of all it was also a mutial trust and respect we had into each other that maked the bond as it is.

Hopefully we will have also the same without the 8-coupe matters!

Thanks Jud!:winkwink:

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• Having recently registered with the registry and having had my build sheet sent to me (along with a copy of the autotrader advert put out by the guy I bought the car from) I would like to say thank you to Jud and all involved with registry, and good luck to Reinhard in continuing this invaluable service. :top:

• I want to personally thank Jud for all he has done. It is an amazing amount of work, and he will be missed (but hopefully not gone). He has said to me that we are in great hands with Reinhard. All the best Jud, and thanks for help with my "project". We'll keep in touch!

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!