WARNING...Silly, silly mistake.

• I am almost too embarassed to print this but in the interests of you guys, I am swallowing my pride and proving I am not as perfect as previously considered. :harhar:

I have just been on a Photo Shoot down in Wales with my X5 for AUTOCAR magazine and as you all know, am a regular to the show circuit. I took the car all the way down to the Brecon Beacons and was blessed with fine weather so before the shoot, I used some Auto Glym Speed Detailer to get the shine back on the car for the pics.

SO FAR SO GOOD.

Next we went to an indoor theme park in the pouring rain, across some farmland and when there I got out the bucket and sponge, a file of car shampoo and pre-washed the car with a high power hose, washed it all down, rinsed it and leathered it off and took it inside for the shoot.

STILL SO FAR SO GOOD.

Next we went to a B+B in the dark and it was raining all the way there. In the morning we were due to go to the harbour for the final shoot so as it had rained all night, I used the leather to wipe the car down.

BIG BIG MISTAKE.

All I did was grind the surface dirt into my highly polished metallic black paintwork, leaving the car covered in serious swirl marks. I could have killed myself for being in such a rush that I did not wash the car off first, just thought I would leather off the nicely beaded water droplets of my waxed paintwork.

So now I am looking forward to having the whole car mopped by John in the bodyshop and losing a few microns of my lacquer.

I KNEW BETTER, but was in such a rush to prep the car, I just didn't think.

NEVER, NEVER wipe over the car without rinsing it and washing it first.:naughty:

Lesson learnt the hard way.

8Tech.

• Zitat von 8Tech;83220

NEVER, NEVER wipe over the car without rinsing it and washing it first.

Plus throw the leather away and get a drying towel?

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!