Front knock and steering play

• So today i ordered 2 x upper control arms and bushings, 2 tie rods and a pitman arm. I am hoping that this will sort the play in my steering and the nice clunk i hear on most right turns and sometimes on take off.Can you think of any other parts i could change, I am leaving the 2 aluminium arms right now unless the clunk doesnt go away, i also changed the stabilizer links recently.These should arrive with my new maf and camshaft sensor.I also heard some creaking from the rear when i hit some speed bumps and instantly thought about the shock mount nightmares that i have read, Dont know if talltony(prev owner) fitted rear reinforcement plates but will have to check that out tomorrow.

cheers

• Hi,
    While dropping the oil out today i was having a look about the engine bay and noticed that a nut just behind the alternator which i believe is an engine mount is not tight(around 10mm gap between the bottom of nut and top of support) i am pretty sure that this is where my knocking is coming from.This makes sense as i have noticed recently that sometimes when i start the car i can hear the same knock i get whilst pulling away and usually turning right, The big question is how do you tighten it and what size is the nut, Any ideas welcome.

cheers

• Zitat von huesey1974;87703

Hi,
    While dropping the oil out today i was having a look about the engine bay and noticed that a nut just behind the alternator which i believe is an engine mount is not tight(around 10mm gap between the bottom of nut and top of support) i am pretty sure that this is where my knocking is coming from.This makes sense as i have noticed recently that sometimes when i start the car i can hear the same knock i get whilst pulling away and usually turning right, The big question is how do you tighten it and what size is the nut, Any ideas welcome.

cheers

Got the local garage to tighten the nut and no more knocking:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!