The 2011 season in Fat´s garage has ended

• Ok guys. The summer is over and I am back in Iceland. Darn it.
    To bad that July was nothing but rainy, but that gave me time to do something in the garage.
    My mom was giving me a hard time because of all the parts i had all over my room and the garage.
    Took them all together and it was time to work.
    Went to the garage and scrathced my head. Had a CSI front rear and mirrors laying along with the lower strut brace.
    Had to fix the the doorhandle so that was the first thing to do.
    First work on the car:

After that it was time to put my wheels on.
    Not so bad :D

When I was done and few days later I called my mechanik, drove the car to him and the bumper parts along with the strut brace and some new bilstein b6.. When I picked the car up it took it for a spin and damn it was a blast to drive. Loved it even more.

The new b6

The strut

Was pretty happy, but mom was not.
    Had to put some more parts on the car. :/
    It was time to work on the rear shelf.
    Added a third brake light and a black shelf. It looks superb and I love the light.

2 years ago I took the trunk carpet out for some cleaning and never put it in again. I had always been missing ale the fastening elements of the trunk so when it came to putting it all together I didnt know where to start. Maybe when you look you will know. Also I had some parts laying whych I have no clue where go.

Again I was mega happy because working on the car gives me so much satisfaction.
    Also it gives me a reason to drink beer and listen to good music :D
    Went for a drive and look what I found.

The condition of the leather is like brand new and I was going to have my old ones redone. Got those and they are even in the same color I had :D

Didnt take me long to put them in the car :D

So much had been done and I hadnt even washed the car :/
    that had to be fixed and so it was.
    Car was cleaned and waxed.

After that it was taken for a spin.

My car oves the nature.

Over the summer I had a visit from my friend Pysio. We spent a superb time together. I loved it.

I would say it was a god summer. The worst thing is waitning now, but school´s in and thats gona take its time.
    You guys are great.

• Zitat von Nifty50;92039

Yes well done Fat's, your car looks terrific as does your friends.

It certainly must help to have such a large space to work in. How come you had so much stuff in your room then?:laugh:

I just like to have parts in my room. Then I know where i have what. Am going to get a shelf and put it all in the garage.

• Fat's: its a pleasure to see such devotion to the 8 - you have great garage space and obviously plenty of summer break to undertake such work! I'm quite envious on both these counts!

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!