850CSi after paint detail

• It's certainly worth asking over on Detailing World (a great forum to hang out on too), last time I checked in the UK about detailing/correction etc I was told that it was getting difficult for detailers to do body work restoration style work as new legislation makes being a painter a bit trickier than it used to be. Still, that info might have been cobblers or out of date, I'd be interested to hear what's possible now.

• Zitat von Lloyd;97696

BB I have been on detailing forum etc, once I get an email back I will agree a date to assess the car at which point i will ask those questions.

Thanks Lloyd - i'd be especially interested if you found they were able to do a one-stop-service that encompassed some minor treating of small problem areas/ touching up as well as paint correction detail.
    (hope that makes sense,...)

Jason - like you I'm also interested to explore current options for those of us that don't want a respray, but do want the paintwork looking as absolutely pukka as possible.

• Rememebr the first time it arrived on a transporter to you...well next time it will be a covered transporter:poke:, and silk gloves will be a condition of you getting the job:laugh:

Zitat von Argonaut;97697

It's certainly worth asking over on Detailing World (a great forum to hang out on too), last time I checked in the UK about detailing/correction etc I was told that it was getting difficult for detailers to do body work restoration style work as new legislation makes being a painter a bit trickier than it used to be. Still, that info might have been cobblers or out of date, I'd be interested to hear what's possible now.

Detailing World is a great forum, I found some excellent suppliers there, and learned how to use a rotary from tutorials posted there. Just make the point though, it is easy to become obsessive about detailing. Fact is, it is impossible to keep a car in showroom condition when it is driven, and over interest in detailing, can drive you insane with each new stonechip. I have been there, :roll:. A bit of time and elbow grease with a polisher will improve even the roughest car beyond recognition.

• Thanks Lloyd, I look forward to reading what you find.

Sorry to hijack the thread but...

I would also be grateful on thoughts on what I should do with regards to re-spray or detailing?

At present my 8 requires the following external issues sorting out:

Nose cone repair.
    Alloy refurb.
    Rust bubbles by sunroof.
    Rear screen not demisting properly (may need a new screen!)
    Swirl marks.
    Scratch to the base on drivers side, a few cm.

What would be the best option in terms of either getting a re-spray or detailing? and what do members think is the most cost effective?

I would also like to get the interior leather sorted but that is another story.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!