840 vs XKR thread

• :winkwink:

Jag XKR = Golf Club
    BMW 840Ci = Night club

:rofl:"over the channel" the situation is the exact opposite!

Traditionally we said "British Elend*" instead of "British Leyland" and Lucas is more the master of darkness compared with bright light Bosch...

No question, to have a XKR would be not the worst case(if lowered about 3 or 4 inches!!!) - but only in addition to an 8 plus a XJ-C for sunny days and an E-type and... - remark: a Jag is not for driving, but just to have a look at it! :devilchilli:
    (:banghead: changing brake pads for instance is a pleasure for masochists only!)

But this pistonhead thread is interesting! :top:

*adversity

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

• Interesting read, sorry to say, I got the impression of a class divide, with the Jag appealing to...perhaps I shouldn't say any more.;-)

• Chap came over and had a great couple of hours. Saw a silver 97 sport that had more filler than Katie Price, and a 94 840 that looked as though it had been imported from Afghanistan.
    So if anyone is looking to flog a silver sport, with black leather, then please feel free to drop me a line and I'll pass it on. 100k mileage no problem.

• Interesting argument for me as I own one of each, albeit the Jag (my daily driver) is the newer shape XK and is not the supercharged R version, so there is no real like for like comparison.

The Jag is a superb value for money car putting a big smile on my face each time I drive it and although it is a beautiful looking and a fantastic drivers car, it doesn't have the individuality of the 8 series.

One thing for sure is that clearly I am a bit of a sucker for stylish V8 coupes!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!