I don't think this is a good idea!

• Greetings 8ers,

Places NOT to take the 8?

Here are a few pics from a recent trip to one of my favourite haunts.

I have driven this road many times, but not for a few years, and defiantly not in the 8, until now.
    I was pressed for time and thought, how bad can it be?
    I won't be doing it again.:ahhhhh:

I think some members here will be familiar with the area, but for those that aren’t, the pics don't really tell the whole story, as it's impossible to stop and photograph the more extreme parts.

Single track road with 180 degree hairpins where the insides of the bends are nearly 45 degree slopes.
    Virtually full lock to make the turn. Wet, and in one place the tarmac was nothing more than loose scree.
    Oh, and some big drops a couple of feet from the road!

Umm, well thats ok, I don't have a caravan.

Blessed mother of automatic transmissions and rear wheel drive, don't fail me now.!

One of the few stopping places after the easier part.

The worst part to come, still, what is in view doesn't look too bad.

Ahh, unharmed.

• :harhar: can't be much worse than that road between pskov and novgorod, or peterhof towards the svenska on the last "alpina- & 8er baltikum tour 2010" :grin2:

and looking at you're pictures it's a real nice countryside :driver:

bmw/alpina ist ein teil von mir seit meinem ersten atemzug !! und fährst du queer siehste mehr!

• Zitat

That looks lovely!

Better suited to an X5 though possibly.

That would be fine G.

Zitat

Good morning,
    remembers me the Honister pass in Lake district some years ago, but only 25%

Hi
    Yes Honister I have no problems with. The pic of my car in the calendar this year is taken on Honister.

Zitat

Zitat

can't be much worse than that road between pskov and novgorod, or peterhof towards the svenska on the last "alpina- & 8er baltikum tour 2010"

and looking at you're pictures it's a real nice countryside

I can't say as I have not travelled that road, but if it's worse than Hardknott pass, god help you sir.
    It is a beautiful and harsh place at the same time.

I climd'd the dark brow of mighty Helvellyn,
    Lakes and mountains beneath me gleam'd misty and wide;
    All was still, save by fits, when the eagle was yelling,
    And starting around me the echoes replied.
    On the right, Striden-edge round the Red-tarn was bending
    And Catchedicam its left verge was defending,
    One huge nameless rock in the front was ascending,
    When I mark'd the sad spot where the wanderer had died.

Sir Walter Scott.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!