BMW Bavaria C Professional RDS

• Hi all

The owner of CSI CC00032 in Norway needs a replacement BMW Bavaria C Professional RDS system
    He is looking for a direct replacement if anyone has a frontunit for sale , but it's not sure all his problems is just the front unit so if anyone has the whole system then He will be interested.

Second question is: is it possible to use another head unit as is , since this has a separate radio modul?

Front unit
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/21590/

Radio Module
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/21591/

Amplifier
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/21592/

Car needing new original radio :)
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/21593/

If anyone has someting for sale , please send a PM.

• The BMW Bavaria C Professional RDS is quite unique and no other head unit is compatible with it. If you don't know which part is broken, it's best to get the complete system. The amplifier however is not part of the BMW Bavaria C Professional RDS system and is shared with other BMW head units. If you need a new amplifier pay attention there were two different, incompatible, models during E31 production. Pictured is the early 4-channel amplifier (in September 1993 the 4-channel amplifier was replaced with a 10-channel amplifier). The 4-channel amplifier has two 12-pin connectors while the 10-channel amplifier has a 12-pin and a 26-pin connector.

• Zitat von revtor;109352

The BMW Bavaria C Professional RDS is quite unique and no other head unit is compatible with it. If you don't know which part is broken, it's best to get the complete system. The amplifier however is not part of the BMW Bavaria C Professional RDS system and is shared with other BMW head units. If you need a new amplifier pay attention there were two different, incompatible, models during E31 production. Pictured is the early 4-channel amplifier (in September 1993 the 4-channel amplifier was replaced with a 10-channel amplifier). The 4-channel amplifier has two 12-pin connectors while the 10-channel amplifier has a 12-pin and a 26-pin connector.

Thanks Revtor for the update
    As this car has Prod. date 1992-09-21 it must be a 4 channel amplifier then

will have to search Ebay once in a while if there are non to be found here :)

Regards
    Terje

• Also, from hearsay, the display & receiving units of the Professional C resp. the Professional C RDS are not interchangeable! You will need a "matching pair".
    Expect to cough up a fair amount of money for a working combo - last I saw going well above 300 EUR.

Good luck hunting...
    Reinhard

• Zitat von Nifty50;109366

Is that condensation behind the ftp lens?

Yes it is ( not my car but the one needing new working radio system )
    And yes I know they can be expencive but he is prepared to pay what i cost

• Zitat von huldra66;109370

Yes it is ( not my car but the one needing new working radio system )
    And yes I know they can be expencive but he is prepared to pay what i cost

I have a full working set looking like new if he is willing to wait untill june.

• Zitat von Fatandre;109371

I have a full working set looking like new if he is willing to wait untill june.

Pretty sure he will , but why wait? :harhar:
    Do you know hove old this system is? , would need a system pre september 93 it seems

• Zitat von huldra66;109372

Pretty sure he will , but why wait? :harhar:
    Do you know hove old this system is? , would need a system pre september 93 it seems

Because I have it in my car and there is no one to take it out at the moment since it is in storage.
    Its from this car.
    Prod. date Friday, 17. December 1993

• Zitat von Fatandre;109376

Because I have it in my car and there is no one to take it out at the moment since it is in storage.
    Its from this car.
    Prod. date Friday, 17. December 1993

Then I guess you have the 10 channel amp. not sure ut's a big problem to use , but would need a diagram on the connectors to see.
    Guess the connector with 26 pins insted of 10 is due to more speaker outputs
    And that you still can use the 10 channel but only use 4 outputs.
    Someone having these diagrams?

Regards
    Terje

• Zitat von reinhard;109359

Also, from hearsay, the display & receiving units of the Professional C resp. the Professional C RDS are not interchangeable! You will need a "matching pair". ... Reinhard

Hmm, let me add I have both. The one without the RDS print on the front (I hat to replace the original RDS unit) does work fine with the original receiver unit. But instead of what it says (no RDS) it does has the RDS function. I don't know why this is. I have the orginal RDS in spare. But it does not take the code anymore. This is a software-error Becker says. Maybe needs repair, maybe will work in the future. I think I keep it...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!