• Before I bought my 840 in 2004, I had never seen one until one day I stumbled across a website built by a German guy.
    http://www.e31.net/index.html

It is all about the E31 and in particular his 850 CSI. He had taken video of driving down the Autobahn on the last day before speed restrictions were introduced - and he achieved around 300KMP - it just blew me away. The video of him driving it around bends in the German countryside, standing starts and braking were also brilliant. I was hooked and it is because of this website that I knew I had to own one.

I note the website has not been updated since 2009.

Does anyone know who he is, is he a member here? I owe him a debt of gratitude!!:top:

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• anguswolfendale: That's Mike Coenen's website. For many of us the #1 E31 resource before 8coupe.com was founded. And yes, Mike is a member here (user profile).

I'd like to say thanks to Mike as well. I was already in love with the 8 Series, but his website certainly helped pulling the trigger in actually buying one.

• Zitat von revtor;112244

anguswolfendale: That's Mike Coenen's website. For many of us the #1 E31 resource before 8coupe.com was founded. And yes, Mike is a member here (user profile).

I'd like to say thanks to Mike as well. I was already in love with the 8 Series, but his website certainly helped pulling the trigger in actually buying one.

+1!!! This was one of the first sites I visited after becoming infatuated with the e31. It's also responsible for my color choice :) ....and...it's still responsible for me wanting to do a black/red two-tone combination in my car!

CB42366- 91 850i Brilliantrot/schwarz nappa
    CD00144- 94 CSi Hellrot/schwarz nappa
    :devilchilli:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!