Wheel spacers on TS alloys

• Hi,
    Can anyone tell me what wheel spacers will fit directly on to Throwing Star alloys. I'm getting a little confused in regard to the hubcentric diameters on offer. From Timm's threads i'm guessing I will need it to be 72.6mm but 74.1mm at hub keeps coming up. Please tell me I have got it right in thinking the hub on the 8 is 72.56mm and the alloy centre hole is 72.6mm ( a straight fit ). If this is the case would the spacer have in effect a counterbore 72.6 in diameter to suit the hub and a raised ring 72.56mm to suit the wheel. I think im going round and round like the wheels:stupido2:. There not cheap so I don't want to purchase the wrong one's, and on that note any recommendations on suppliers? Cheers.

• The Throwing stars don't need hub-centric spacers as they were produced for the E31 and have the correct bore and correct offset. Spacing the wheels further out (especially on the front) will adversely affect the handling. If you really want a spacer it will have to be thin enough to allow the alloy to still centre on the hub, or wide enough to incorporate a 72.6mm hub for the alloy to fit (probably greater than 15mm).

• Thanks Timm, I wanted to fill out the arches a little and though fitting washers would be a lot cheaper than replacing the wheels which I do like, but if it will affect the handling its a no no. Back to the drawing board I guess. Thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!