alpina 6.0 supercharger project

• super spring headers? Man...you are doing this right! How on earth did you land that 6.0L alpina engine?

CB42366- 91 850i Brilliantrot/schwarz nappa
    CD00144- 94 CSi Hellrot/schwarz nappa
    :devilchilli:

• super sprint headers and japan imported alpina 6.0 ltr with less than 40,000km

but the problem is I still cant get the car start, I have spent the last 6 month on the wiring diagram but with no luck, I even got a used EWSIII set because alpina DME are 5.2.1. and still iam not able to run OBD scan yet to know what are the faults.

any thoughts will be much appreciated

• csi Rider: EWS might prevent you from starting the engine but it should not affect diagnostics... Double check whether the DME is properly grounded, gets power (permanent & switched) and the RxD/TxD wires connect to the diagnostic plug.

By the way, you may not have chosen the easiest engine to mate with a manual transmission. That engine came from an E38 mated to an automatic transmission. Unlike older engines like the M70 and M60, the M73/DME5.2.x has a much tighter integration with the EGS transmission control unit over a digital CAN bus. The engine may refuse to operate normally (ie limp home mode or perhaps no start at all) if it can't communicate with the EGS (assumption, I don't know for sure). The problem with the M73/DME5.2.x is that it was offered only with automatic transmission. So there are no manual transmission cars to swap the DME or the DME programming with. It can be done, though. I recall a 6-speed E38 750iL project by Koala Motorsport and as far as I know they used the original DME. You may want to get in touch with them.

• I think revtor might be on to something.
    You may have to trick the car into believing it is in N or P all the time. Remember that a car with an automatic will only start in N and P so that might be what you need to do.
    Going from old memory I believe people who did manual conversions on E36/E39 put a permanent 12v input on the pin that tells the car its in P or N.

Revtor may actually be able to help you with pin numbers, not sure if that would be on the DME or the EML though.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• On a side note, my Supercharger story finally came to an end today.
    With help from a skilled local tuner my 850i 5.0 M70 now produces 426 Wheel HP and 600nm.
    Depending on how you want to calculate drive train loss the engine is producing between 470-490hp.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• good to hear that noggie, nice gain on your stock engine I guess...:top:

iam thinking to use the wiring set from a stock m73 engine which have different ECU, both engines (alpine D3/2 and m73) have the same connection points to the harness however it will be less complicated to deal with newer version of EGS, on the other note the trick to make the ECU to know its in N or p is quite simple, you just need to ground that wire/signal which read back to the ECU, I have done this before on my first project,
    does any one knows the cam profile on those 6.0 engines?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!