sliding roof, messed up, won't tilt

• I've been having this issue for a while, but had it on my "to-do" list of future projects.

My roof is not working properly, it's out of sync or something.
    Happened after the car sat with drained batteries for a while.

1. it slides too far rear and disappears into the cars roof.
    2. when closing, it stops with a 4-5cm gap remaining.
    3. to close the gap I have to give the tilt command, roof now closes.
    4. as the roof is now closed after the tilt command is given, it will not tilt any further.

If I press the open command (switch forward), it will open to the same 4-5cm gap.

I have tried to reset the roof by removing disconnecting the command switch, and then give the tilt command for 10 seconds. did not help.

the reason it has been on my list for a while is that the roof liner around it has started to come lose, and I was planning of re-doing the liner, however this is also dragging out in time, so i thought I better get the roof fixed for this season.

Any thoughts on how to reset, or do I have to try and pull it out and rebuild it?

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Timm.

I tried your PDF, did not work.
    After about 13 seconds I heard that it tried to do something, but the roof never tilted.
    The roof cover on my car is lose so that may hold it back though. just not sure how to get that out without dropping the roof-liner.
    Maybe I'll just wait until I get my roof redone.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Tried on the Red Lady and still 5mm to low at the back while being in closed mode , pulled it apart today just to find all in working order just the lid to be adjusted on the screws :top:

But there is for sure something happening if following the procedure here, so for some that will be the correct way forward

Regards
    Terje

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!