BMW 850CSi 1:18 scale model by OttOmobile

• Originally posted by Pod in the French 8er.org forums

No affiliation but collectors of scale models or anything E31 related might be interested: France-based OttOmobile will release a 1:18 scale model of the 850CSi in June.

BMW 850CSi 1:18 scale model by OttOmobile

At this moment there are already two 1:18 scale models available by Revell (850CSi) and Maisto (850i). Unlike the Revell and Maisto models the upcoming OttOmobile scale model does not seem to have opening doors, hood or trunk. Not a big loss because whatever is under the hood of the Revell and Maisto models does not really resemble the real thing. I was actually never impressed with the quality and detail of the existing models. The OttOmobile scale model seems to be in a different league.

It's a limited production run (3000 units) and while the E31 may not be BMW's most popular model, I'm told the OttOmobile scale models tend to sell out rather quickly. OttOmobile does take preorders. The price for the scale model is 59,90 EUR and shipping to France costs 9 EUR, the rest of Europe 18 EUR, and worldwide 39 EUR. Preorders will start shipping somewhere in June.

Pictures:

• Thanks Revtor! :grin2:

I can confirm that doors, trunk and hood will not open. And also that the quality level of Ottomobile models is above Revell and Maisto. :top:

• Zitat von huldra66;126499

Already sold out :eek: , good I have one ordered :cool:

Glad I placed an order too Terje. :dito: Amazing that they sold out even before they were released!

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• OttOmobile sold more 850CSis than BMW did ;)

Anyway, it's good to see there's so much interest in the 850CSi scale model. It seems we are not the only ones appreciating the E31. I hope this inspires OttOmobile to do an Alpina B12 5.7 Coupé one day... And perhaps a regular 8 Series without CSi bodykit just to get the family complete.

• Mike: It does already show up on eBay and I guess some of the scale model shops also secured a small supply, so you can still get it. The bad news is that prices (at least on eBay) are almost double what we paid during the pre-order campaign...

• Just received mine!!

The quality is good, especially for the interior, with a lot of details. Anyway, it is far better than Revell models (the blue one).

;)

Christophe

• Zitat von revtor;126512

It does already show up on eBay and I guess some of the scale model shops also secured a small supply, so you can still get it. The bad news is that prices (at least on eBay) are almost double what we paid during the pre-order campaign...

Here they are for sale (and apparently in stock) for 80 Euros. It's a regular shop and not ebay.

...Mike

Aub, Blackpool, Bremen, Dingolfing, Dunmurry, Göteborg, Levallois, Rüsselsheim, Siedenburg

• Mine arrived as well!

First impressions: Some of the detail is really amazing. For example; you can acually read AIRBAG SRS and recognize the embossed BMW logo on the M-Technic steering wheel. I also like the lenses of the tail and headlights - very detailed and nice depth. The center console on the other hand is sculpted a bit rough. The roller wheels of the center vent and climate control unit are barely recognizable. Then again, these details are very, very small. Given the size and the price of the model I guess this is the best we should expect. Despite that it is far better than anything else available. The Revell 850CSi and Maisto 850i models look like junk in comparison. I'm really happy with the OttOmobile 850CSi!

A few factual errors:

• 5-speed gearbox instead of a 6-speed gearbox (take a close look at the shift lever in my interior picture)
    • Brake discs way too large and calipers do not resemble the real deal
    • Side windows are flat instead of curved
    • No third brake light (not all early E31 had a third brake light but I believe all later models did)
    • Driver and passenger side mirror have the same dimensions and angle
    • Bottom side is clearly not meant to be looked at
    • Rear-view mirror is attached to the roof instead of the window
    • No staggered wheels and tires a bit stretched

According to Reinhard the model does not depict an actual E31. OttOmobile just picked a nice color combination and wheels. Nevertheless, the chrome inner door handles and belt guides, the rear-view mirror and the fact that there's no passenger-side door lock, puts the model somewhere between January 1995 and April 1996.

• I received mine here in the US this week.

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!