FTP Light Strip Versions

• I'm about to order a RHS FTP light strip.
    There are a few to choose from on the Real OEM page and my sticker with part number is long gone..

ILLUMINATED TAPE RIGHT 63111383178

ILLUMINATED TAPE RIGHT GELB 63111383944

For vehicles with NORDIC COUNTRIES VERSION =Yes
    ILLUMINATED TAPE RIGHT 63118354328

My car was delivered with option code 827 (Scandinavian Version)
    I suspect that points me to the one for Nordic Country version?
    What's the difference between these? The GELB are for US versions? The nordic version, has it anything to do with the 21W marker light?

• My inclination is that you would use the nordic country version for your car - although I haven't observed any difference between 63111383178 and 63118354328 (I once ordered a nordic version and compared it with my regular version). The yellow (gelb) color refers to high beam - probably not what you are looking for. As far as I know, US market versions have orange color turn signals (instead of the "blackish" ones in Europe).

I hope this is somewhat helpful

Peter

• I believe they come in 3 basic versions.

1. European version. clear glas, tinted turn indicators.
    2. French version yellow glas, tinted turn indicators.
    3. US version. clear glas, orange turn indicators.

There may also be RHD and LHD versions too.

The nordic version, or daytime running light using the 21w filament in the parking light is related to the wiring harness and bulb sockets. since they can be used from you old light, it does not matter.

You just need to make sure you dont get the US one with the orange indicator, or the French one with the yellow glas.

I have 3 of these in my garage, but I can't find the BMW number on any of them, one has a Hella number on a sticker.

I guess going with the Nordic version will be a safe bet.
    But as far as look goes the -178 should be the same as the -328.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!