Looking for a S70 850CSI broken maf to do research on

• hi, are you able to reach out to the stateside CSi owner to ask him of his experience in the MAF rebuild & whether he did actually get it done. Reason I ask is, I was in touch with injectionlabs (thanks for the above link) & they don't have the data flow for the Bosch CSi S70 MAF but only have it for the M70 MAF. It would be interesting to know how the CSi owner got on with his rebuild. Injection lab did however say that the parameters would not be too far out for the S70 & M70 and that they could add a dial to the housing in order for the owner to fine tune it in the event the calibration was slightly out.

Anyone else been in touch with injection labs? They have the data flow for
    Bosch MAF 0 280 212 025 used on the 850i & 850Ci

But Bosch MAF 0 280 212 026 is used on the 850CSi and this is what we need.

I am am all for us owners contacting Bosch to get them manufacturer another batch for us. Anyone here suited to making contact with them and what is their criteria for determining customer demand?

• Hi Terje,

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the Alpina B12 5.7 uses the standard MAF's found on the M70. Can anyone verify?

• Hi Dieter,

old thread I know. Hoping we can revive it. I can commit to 3 pairs of MAF's for my cars for whenever we can get a final resolution. I think we need to reach out to the wider CSi community (and perhaps the B12 5.7 community if their cars share the same MAF) to create greater awareness.

• Zitat von Johndo;134505

Hi Terje,

I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the Alpina B12 5.7 uses the standard MAF's found on the M70. Can anyone verify?

Not sure here , but if that was the case then I cant see any issues with reprogramming the CSI to use standard MAF's

• Zitat von Johndo;134504

hi, are you able to reach out to the stateside CSi owner to ask him of his experience in the MAF rebuild & whether he did actually get it done.

Here is what the a.m. owner has returned:

"The injection lab rebuilt MAF's fixed my oxygen sensor problem right away and has run great ever since. The FF46 error code went away immediately. No more thick smelly exhaust and lack of power. I do recall they mentioned a calibration dial option but I don't see that on my MAFs. Injection Labs uses a titanium sensor that is stronger than the OE Bosch unit so it's much better than the original design. Their customer service is excellent and the price is very reasonable considering the quality and the high performance results. My 850 CSI would be dead without Injection Labs. I would trust them with the S70 rebuild. Even if you could find OE parts to replace the MAFs they would just fail again in time"

I have no knowledge what the "titanium sensor" notion might relate to but it appears that for stateside driving there aren´t noticeable side effects. This may be very different under different (higher) load conditions but I seem to remember that at WOT (there was some discussion a decade ago about a 4200 rpm cutoff) they are bypassed anyway.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Thanks for the update. Sounds promising. I will speak to injection labs & see where this goes. Might be a few weeks as I would need to get the maf's shipped out to them.

• Connector to the wiring loom..

may i´m wrong.. but there is a big lookalike.. may this Sparepart 12 52 1 718 125 could be the right one to solve the MAF Wiring Loom theme

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/36745/
    Seems to be identical with our MAF8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/36746/
    And there ist the MAF Wiring loom Connector 12 52 1 737 668 8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/36747/

Reference also here E34.. LINK here are both connectors listed..

So will try to order one or two to find it out.. or someone else has already done!?!?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!