Would you sell the 850CSI for a 911 or keep both?

• Hi there guys. Since I have always been a huge 911 fan I am thinking about getting one. I am thinking about the 964 or something newer.
    Also would would you say Porsche is better than BMW?
    There is one thing that I have been thinking.
    I have BMW e31 850 "CSI" as I had all moved from a crashed CSI into my 850 and I love it. I have put actually crazy heart into and and a lot of love At the moment I am having mixed feelings and some might say afraid of owning 2 cars.
    What would you do? Give me good arguments
    Sell the BMW and get the 911?
    Wait and just keep the BMW and get a 911 to the collection?
    A friend of mine said that when I would get the 911 I would just forget about the BMW.
    Another friend that actually owns both said to own them both.
    So What would you do?

Here is my e31.

One from the Transfagarasan in Romania

• i was similarly afraid of owning more than 1 car when I got my 8 :

Then I got the SL, with the idea that I might sell the 8.......but i ended up liking having both, different cars for different driving/weather

Then I realised I needed something for drive the family around in so I got this........

A car for every occasion - in short - if you have the storage/garage space, keep both, there are literally tens of thousands of Porsches out there, you'll always be able to find one but finding another E31 - a "CSI" too? much harder...

• I think you can easily own both a 850 and a 911, as they are completely different cars: one is a grand tourism allowing to travel comfortably long distances, the other one is a (+/- high performance) sports car. My inclination is that both are premium quality cars.

However, obviously two cars require twice as much resources (time- and money-wise) than one car.

If you find a reasonable Porsche, you may consider buying it and decide lateron, whether you want to keep them both, or which one you want to sell - keeping in mind that it may take quite some time to get rid of car.

Enjoy life; if you can decide between BMW and Porsche, you are in a priviledged position anyway ...

Peter

• I was also afraid to own several cars , specially the 8series when I bought it as it's technically a difficult and special car.

Well today I have three 8 series :harhar: , so definitly keep at least one.

Regards
    Terje

• Think of it this way: how many people drive a Porsche (and how many of them are poser di..s) and how many drive an 8 Series...
    As you can guess, I'm not a fan of Porsche drivers :laugh:.
    For many years I was living in a city where every Bankster had a Porsche.
    It was truly satisfying to cruse with my 840 and watch those Idiots getting a long face because all the pedestrians admired my car and none theirs.
    A Porsche is a great sports car in the proper hands but you see a lot of them (except the only great Porsche: the 928).
    As Danilo said, the 8 Series is far superior in Quality to a 964.

Cheers
    Steve

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!