Just bought another 8

• I added a 1991 850i to my Harem.
    A couple of observations. Some people that paint cars can't tell the difference between BMW silvers. Accident in 2000 repair has left the car two toned. Nose to back edge of the doors is Sterling silver and from the back of the doors including the roof appears to be closer to Arctic silver.
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39596/
    It is actually in nice condition. Replaced the boiled out batteries first thing. They were supposed to have been changed by a BMW dealer less than 2 years ago but manufactured in 2010--sounds about right.
    Aircon compressor was just changed because it was noisy but new one fails to operate unless jumpered. May not be the right one. All new steering gear underneath.

And it was a Youtube Star!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1GtNfl7BS0&t=17s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PBE8cDmgLE&t=53s

I had to rescue it.

Terry

• Congrats Terry. I am sure that you know much more than the youtube guy...even though he spoke like he knew a lot.

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• Great find! I watched those video's when he first put them out and thought that the car was in pretty good nick and needed just a little bit of care and attention....

• As a bonus in going thru the records I got yesterday in some ways this might be a Unicorn of sorts rather than a Zebra. There are about $18,000 worth of receipts from the small dealer in the last real owners name. Including new EDC Struts in the front and a complete engine reseal. That is from 2011 until now. There is another batch of receipts from about 2000 until 2011 yet to sort thru.
    I even got the original window sticker and sales contract.
    The registry has it as one of 7 Sterling Silvers with Light Gray/Black interior.

I am going to explore repainting the back half in Sterling Silver. The repaint is so soft it has brush marks from a carwash on the roof and the paint on the back bumper is worn thru where the water from the wheel splashed on it.

I paid less delivered to my driveway than he paid without shipping so I can put a bit into it.

I have no idea what I am really going to do with it after it is "right" but I just couldn't bear the thought of one of the Junior commenters that were clamoring for it to actually buying it.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• The funniest part of the whole thing was me spending a month or so trying to fit a inexpensive electric car (think Leaf like) into the 38 mile trip to my daughters house. Bearing in mind the last 3 miles to home is a 750 foot climb up a "Mountain" it wasn't possible to do within the budget I had in mind. So I did the logical thing and bought a V12 :)

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Zitat von TerryY;139981

The funniest part of the whole thing was me spending a month or so trying to fit a inexpensive electric car (think Leaf like) into the 38 mile trip to my daughters house. Bearing in mind the last 3 miles to home is a 750 foot climb up a "Mountain" it wasn't possible to do within the budget I had in mind. So I did the logical thing and bought a V12 :)

Terry...that reminds me of that tomato juice commercial..."I should of had a V8" (or in your case, a V12!)

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• Today I learned that the sorta whirry tapping noise that sounds like something on the front of the motor is really coming from the right head. With a stethoscope is a very loud tappet noise most evident toward the front of the valve cover. So I am now anticipating staring down banjo bolts in the near future.

Yes the car is very clean. I have maintenance records back to about 2000 and need to ask "Hoovie" for the records of what he had done to it. Seems like most of the car was renewed between 2011 and 2017 including new EDC struts in the front in 2013.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!