VERTICAL DOORS (LAMBO) + B12 Hood!

• Ever thought of an Vertical Door Upgrade for your 8series???

Have been thinking about that for mine...

Would need at least 10 people to go along....

And a B12 5.7 hood, too....

Who´s interested?!?
    Would need at least 10people for that, too...

Pricing for the Vertical doors would be around $2,600.-
    For the hood (carbonfiber OEM Quality) around $4,800.-

Greetings,
    Marc aka Tranceshark

Liebe Grüsse aus Braunschweig, Marc

• I wouldn't mind the hood, but only for the 60 lbs weight savings, I'm not so crazy about the NACA duct in the middle, louvers ok though. The hood along with spare tire delete, and some aircraft batteries should get 120 lbs or so out of the car. Next would be to install a bar across the rear seat area to attach seatbelts to, and install some lightweight seats. The stock seats are supposed to be terrifically heavy. I have to remove mine to fix some cables and will weight one then on my digital refrigeration scale.

• I know I am Hijacking this thread but.............

If you have seat bottom twist, you can fix the cables without removing the seat.

The little pocket / plate on the front of the seat pulls off and the cable connections to the motor are right up front.

And if you are a paranoid about cutting some off the cable cover end you can just feed the cable back up the tube while turning the exposed end until it engages the actuator in the seat. The cable end should still be sticking out a bit so just put it back together without cutting and unless you move the seats a lot it should last for a long while before you need to do it again.

Found this on the Roadfly board one day and it worked on mine!

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Thanks, yeah I had read that somewhere, I really am curious as to what the seats weigh though. Also I want to thuroughly clean the carpet and install new mats before driving the car.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!