is there a supercharger for my 850ci

• I am trying to find a supercahrger for my 1997 850ci and i cant find one anywhere. Is there one?

• thans

thank you but i am actually 17 and my mom wont let me have anything but a bmw becsaue they are the safest. she made my brother get one and he has an e30 m3 which he is obsessed with and i really like the e31 but i feel like it would be too expensive insurance wise and not really practical what do you think?

• depends on where you live costwize...but beiing young the insurance is going to be skyhigh and even if you think the e31 is a great car, its gonna cost you if something breaksdown and you don't have any friends with two right hands, so after a while the great car is not gonna seem that great anymore. i have had them for years but i own a garage.....which helps......a lot.

good luck anyway :lol:

• yea, i live in wesatchesater ny which is like 3rd most expensive for insureance and it doesnt help that I am a new driver. I also might get a 2003 330ci which i would love to have but it is totaly diffrent car. The 330 is a bmw and the 850 is a drivers car.

• right you are, good luck wih the search, i use to have a 540 which was a great car too, next month ill be in the US looking for car's......expensive hooby...cars :roll:

• Maybe you should contact "btessier@pacbell.net"

From a post on RoadFly :

Zitat

Dinan never did a production supercharger for the V12. They did do a Twin-Turbo conversion, but it has been out of production for at least 4 years. There was a Dinan Twin-Turbo owned by Don Gotee at 8-Fest and it was a good example of the conversion and was a very late production car. I have my 91 at The Powerplant owned my Henry Lawrence in North Carolina right now and it is undergoing a 6-Liter Twin-Turbo conversion. Everything about the conversion is hand built and will hopefully be complete in a few months.

GregT

• Yes there are superchargers for the 850 i , ci, and csi. Konig makes kits for these, they include pistons, superchargers and intercoolers. Prices are listed on their site in Euros which are near dollars usually. Hp is 470 for the i and 500 for the CSI. The kit is E 18,000. and E 25,000. installed. 0-100 kilometers, (0-62 mph) is claimed at 5.4 sec for the i, as opposed to about 6.8 sec for 0-60 mph with comforti cjips and Supersprint exh as tested in my '92 850i. With the horrific weight and daunting complexity of these cars, making them quick is prohibitively expensive. They're best used as the GRAND Tourerers they were designed to be and buy a fast car to get your kicks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!