In car phone

• When I bought my car it came pre-wired for a mobile phone (cellfone, handy). It looks like it's all nicely done, handsfree and everything, but there was no phone with it. It might even do the radio/cd muting thing, which would be nice. There's certainly what looks like a microphone in the console next to the MID.

As far as I can tell it looks like the cradle was for a Nokia 8110 (you know, the original Matrix phone!). I've seen a few of these on Ebay, which might be a way to go. ..but these phones are a bit old-tech these days.

Does anyone know of any more modern phones that will interface with the cable I have (not necessary the cradle, obviously)? I'm assuming it will have to be Nokia, but that's not a problem.

Thanks!

• Ian, let me know how you get on. I took the cradle out when I got mine, but I'm tempted to put it back in again just for the convenience of the hands-free capability (especially now the law has changed in the UK :) ).

Bluetooth is clearly the current technology (and would let me swap phone between cars) but not quite so integrated.

• AFAIK, only the Nokia 3110 and 8110 will fit into that cradle and both of these are old phones. I have bluetooth technology built into mine and i use the SonyEricsson T610 with it - cant go wrong.

• Al, you mean you have bluetooth built into the phone, or the car?

I guess I can go one of two ways:

1. Buy an old 8110 from Ebay and see if that works. If I can get a cheap one I'll probably try that anyway...worth a punt if I can get one for under 20 quid.

2. Buy a whizzo new bluetooth phone, and look like an escaped idiot from a call-centre wearing one of those earpiece contraptions! :P

• Just to add. They are not cheap. But well worth it. Get it wired up to a third party headunit and its meant to work very well. It displays minutes, names of callers and all sorts. O and by the way this is probably the first reply on the forum using wap on my mobile phone. Al.

Posted from a mobile

• Zitat von ClubE31

I would go for bluetooth

i would agree, not worth getting 8110 as its an old phone with none of the features of the newer ones, worth the investment without a doubt.

• its not that difficult...

i think it was around 1992 that all phones went digital so i think e31's before that time wil have come with built in analogue phones which are absolutely useless.

get rid of that kit and go for the newest possible

• Sounds like Blutooth then! But I did manage to get a 8110 from Ebay for about 20 quid (30 Euro) so at that price I'm going to see how it works. I can always go bluetooth with my next phone! Thanks for the input guys

• Zitat von Sniff

Sounds like Blutooth then! But I did manage to get a 8110 from Ebay for about 20 quid (30 Euro) so at that price I'm going to see how it works. I can always go bluetooth with my next phone! Thanks for the input guys

make sure you let us know what you think of it!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!