Clifford Alarm causing me grief!

• Hi there!!

Just wondering if anyone's got any ideas on this problem.

I'm a new member, but i've had my 1994 850CSi for nearly a year now.
    I had a clifford alarm system fitted a while ago with remote start and remote headlamp activation and they can't get it to work properly.

The problems I have are as follows:
    When unlocking the car with the clifford remote, the bmw alarm is activated and has to be disabled on the normal key/remote.
    When switching of the ignition after driving, the doors unlock and that sets the Standard BMW alarm, which has to be disabled by the normal key/remote, before you get out of the car.
    The remote start works fine, (most of the time), but always gives a 'seat back lock failure' or similar on the computer and occasionally causes it to show 'rear brake light circuit failure'. Both of which clear if you turn the car off and re start it.
    Also, they say they cannot find a way of getting into the lighting cct to make the headlights remote. Apparently the motors require the ignition to be on, which sets of the alarm. They can't find a way around it.

These problems are dragging on a bit now and although the alarm works and the car is safe, it's very annoying and not what i paid for!!

Sorry for boring you all, but hopefully someone will have some ideas on this!!!!

Cheers,

Rob

• What Clifford installer are you using?
    Seems to me like you need to find another.
    Alot of people moan about Clifford, but if you have them installed correctly you will have very little problem with them. I have had a major discusion with many Clifford installers and Directed ( who own Clifford )
    and it is ALL down to the installation.

My advise is to go onto a forum called talk audio. http://www.talkaudio.co.uk
    Send a private message to a guy called "gary@directed". He has been a great help to me and I'm sure will help you.

T

• Hi

I was a clifford installer for quite a few years, and i can tell you that hes right, its all in the installation. So far as the power feed for your lights is concerned, a simple interupt relay on each light pod will work, its to complex to explain, but all you have to do is interupt the ign feed to the lights with a relay that is activated by the alarm so as to fool the lights in to thinking that the ign is on .....easy.

alan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!