My E31 experience...

• <center></center>

BMW 850 is my dream car since I was in high school. I can remember when my classmate showed me the brochure of the car for the first time back in 1989, I was totally amazed by the beauty of the car. What a great sport coupe it is! However, it was priced nearly USD 200,000 in Taiwan and no way I can afford it at that time.

After 14 years, when I incidentally saw it again on an auction website in Taiwan, it suddenly raised my passion to have the car forever. Due to the rare number of E31 in Taiwan, I called the seller immediately and the car was deal after three days. Since then, I started on the journey of rebuilding my dream car.

The car was nearly 13 years old at that time and the exterior and interior condition was not very nice, except the engine was still in good condition. I then put the car into BMW car service centre doing a thorough car service check and changed all necessary consumption factory parts. The factory also did the window tint for me.

After making sure the car was safe to drive, the first thing I did was to change the car colour from red to silver (E65 silver) as a fortune teller told my wife that red car is not good for me. Well, I like the silver look better anyway.

I then ordered some tuning parts to make my car better in looks as well as the performance. These includes:
    AC Schnitzer 6 pcs body kit (It looks more aggressive.)
    AC Schnitzer Type II wheels: F:18*8.5J; R:18*10J (I recon R:18*9.5J is better in weight saving.)
    G-power carbon Hood with air admission (The weight advantage is approximately 25~30kg and you can actually feel it lighter; besides, it actually carries the heat away very fast from the damn hot V12 engine.)
    CSi side mirrors (It looks nice.)
    P-Zero Rosso F:245/40YR18; R:275/35YR18 (Originally, I put a 285/35YR18 at rear, but I found it was a little too big for the car; I also considered to put 19" rims on it, but the road condition in my city is not very good, therefore, I forgo the thought.)
    Brembo F50 brake system & rear disc (F:330mm; R:320mm) (These brakes are great!)
    BMW 850CSi suspension kit (Originally, I put Bilstein dampers and H&R coils on it, and the ride was fantastic. However, the AC Schnitzer front skirt was too low, and it made my car kiss the ground frequently; by lowering down only 10mm, the CSi suspension is also good in compromising between comfort and performance.)
    ESS computer chips + K&N air filter + HJS exhaust post-treatment system + Remus mufflers (Again, you can actually feel the power and torque improvement by around 10~15%.)
    8000K HID (trendy thing)
    Individual interior design (with AC Schnitzer accessories)
    DVD system (from my wife's request)

<center></center>

It took me almost a year to complete the rebuilding and modification of my 850. As E31 parts are very difficult to find in my country and almost all parts had to be ordered from either Germany or the States. Some parts had to wait even up to 4 month long.

To tell the truth, to maintain an E31 car in my country is very expensive, not only because of the rare and costly parts but also the first-tier road & fuel tax. Nevertheless, the fulfillment and joy of having the car I used to dream of is undescribly wonderful.

I am still looking for multi-pistons rear calipers and anti-sway bar for my 850 and I did find some useful information on this site. Thanks to this Club E31! Hope to share with you all in the future :D

<center></center>

Admin : Added some pics to this post and created a New Forum "Showroom", where you'll all be welcome to post your E31 Experience like Sivasu

• Dude~ wut a nice taste!
    I live in Seoul, Korea and I totally agree that it is expensive to maintain this type of car in East Asia, far from its origin, but we all trully appreciate the beauty of it.
    Safe Drive!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!