What's the best chip for an 840?

• Zitat von Anonymous

And the build date of the car is?

Really does make a considerable difference in the answer.

10/1993....from what I've found out according to the VIN thread that my car is an 840i. What's the difference between an "i" and "Ci?" Nobody has confirmed my model for sure....on my door jam, it says "Ci" And many according to many sources, that there were no "i's" shipped to the U.S. I am so confused.

Thanks,

John

• It is a Ci don't worry.

Chips are available from Dinan (Wussy and overpriced in my opinion)
    Conforti-Pricey but good and only available till mid '95 build.

My chip is a European tuners variant that makes Dinan feel real weak.
    I don't know how it compares to Conforti but I would guess it was real close. A lot cheaper too!! Email me at tyohnka@comcast.net -I have a spare.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Zitat von TerryY

It is a Ci don't worry.

Chips are available from Dinan (Wussy and overpriced in my opinion)
    Conforti-Pricey but good and only available till mid '95 build.

My chip is a European tuners variant that makes Dinan feel real weak.
    I don't know how it compares to Conforti but I would guess it was real close. A lot cheaper too!! Email me at tyohnka@comcast.net -I have a spare.

Hello!

I just e-mailed you from rallytek@aol.com

Regards,

John

• so does any one know what a good chip for the 840ci 1996 would be? i don't know if the bios or eprom may be a variant of the one you guys are using :!:

• Hi
    Your chip is different than the early versions.

Email the seller of this auction and ask him what he can get for you.

They may ask you to test something for them. I have found him to be straightforward an honest with me.

Post the results of your communications please. There are several others here and on other boards who would be interested.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• well, i need the link for the auction your mentioning first. i have found that racdyn-usa.com and bavauto.com have these parts for the ECU, but i have 2 results when it comes to actually doing the upgrade. one is: mailing it in. 2- simple install of chip on eprom slot rated for novice level modders. do you have the address of the person in question? :?:

charlie...you said the sausages be ready in 5 min, 10 min. ago!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!