RE: CLUB E31 & PHILLIPPE

• Hi,

I have had a word with Phillippe...

Zitat

i'm trying to get back on top in regards to clubE31.com because of parents, studies and medical issues... I'll do my best to prepare a letter to the visitors of the website, and give credits back for gold memberships not activated... I'll put someone else as admin of the website (maybe you), i have to rest a little now, will get in touch with you pretty soon.

Lets give him a break and see what comes of this, i have told him im more than happy to give a hand in the running, however, if anyone has a problem with this then dont hesitate to say...

Until then...

Thanks

Alex
    (ClubE31.net moderator)

• That 's all any body was looking for. Lets hope that someone can fix the tech problems with loging on automatically. There might also be some other issues that need fixing. Suggest readers should submit thier thoughts on problems and also any suggetsions from the technical boffins that might seee some room to improve the site for easier use.

Theo

• 2 months down the line Al, has anything changed? Progessed? I notice that the photos are still f**ked up, so I would guess the answer is "no". So, as far as I can see, either

1. Phillipe is busy / unwell / distracted, and regardless of the reasons or ultimate prognosis, there is too much interest in this site to permit it to stagnate, regardless of the underlying reason.

or

2. Phillipe is taking us all for a ride and counting the cash whilst sitting on his derierre en La France (up the Irish by the way for last night, fantastic result!).

No-one can work miracles, you've offered to take on the amdinistration, and I for one would suggest strongly that Phillipe takes you up on your offer. Either that, or perhaps you might consider establishing a different site on the same lines?

• i agree and its getting quite disheartening to be honest.

i dont know where to go from here, i dont have access to member lists or anything like that.

in fact i only have a little more access to this site and its workings than u

• I am sure that we all empahtise with you on that, the desire is there but the means are not provided. To quote the 'quiet word' posting, "I'll put someone as admin" really needs to happen ASAP. Either Phillipe should be as good as his word on this, or we need to cancel subscriptions & set up an alternative with something like an acceptable level of probity and integrity. I, for one, do not intend to "rest a little" on this issue. What does everyone else think? Theo, you've been fairly forthright about this, what's your view? Al, you managed to stir a reply before, worth another try? Come on folks, let get a bit of momentum here and sort this.

• Keeping the board operating....

For what it is worth, I've been quietly maintaining the board as best as I can from behind the scenes.

Some of the problems people are having are beyond my reach (e.g. pix problems, content additons,etc.).

Until Philippe surfaces, I'll continue to help wherever/however I can.

• Gentlemen, Ladies and Bald headed babies,

I'm delighted that there is so much interest in ramping this little puppy bck up.

Firstly my personal thanks to all who are contributing and trying to assist.

POK, I havent heard about your car coz I had lost a little interest in the site so lets do that on another posting.

I have been vocal on the man and have been suspicious of his intent for a long while. I don't accept his excuses about parents, studies and time and any other bulltish he might vomit up.

If time was such a big issue then how come he has time to clean his bank account of the 'goodwill donation' that he has taken from so many (didnt get me by the way).

I manage to run three businsses, a self manged superannuation retirement fund, maintain two vehicles, mow the grass on an acre and a half and I could go on but I still manage to take time to be a part of The Club and by the way, I also find time for driving my baby!

My opinion of this guy is best kept private but I will bet a thunder clap to a gooses fart that if we hear from him again it will be with all kinds of 'ass covering' and promises. Unfortunately pricks like that give the Frogs a reputation.

I am practically clueless when it comes to computer programmes. I heard a out these 'cookie' things while back and wondered how I was going to experience afternnon tea from the internet. Silly me!

I reckon we would have little resistance if we started a mutiny especially in view if the Pitcairn situation. I guess the similarity is that he has watched what his site being #@$%ed while the Pitcairners were busted for doing it.

There must be someone out there, perhaps even a few, who are capable of running the site or a carbon copy of this one. I reckon as a group we should effect the repairs and keep it running, perhaps ask suggestions of the users, and do some trimming and mods to cut costs and time involved to run it.

I feel that the "in your country" pages could be dropped. That might create a "more frequently used'' feel and force a little more interaction between members. Ther are probably many more user suggestions if they are invited.

I would be happy to help but I'm on a strict "no cookie" diet.

Maybe we post a "Position Vacant" Sticky thingy to attract the right man/men that can tell us what can be done to either keep it alive or to duplicate it. I imagine that there would be a monthly cost to be on the net so that will need to be funded too. Maybe Philipe is just a prick not a crook.

Look forward to the replies
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Riiiiiiight...

Well what more can be said?

It seems me and Jud are in the same boat, both doing everything that we can but without the access just what is it that we can do?

I really dont have the time to make a carbon copy of this site and knowing Philippe he would pop up and find a way of getting money out of us for that.

It seems to be a lose-lose situation and all we can do is utilise the forums and existing information for now.

Sad i know but its the only way i can see.

Alex

• ...well there is another idea in the works

There is an effort among us to start another E31 board.

I can't say much more right now...but what I can say is that there will be an alternative.

Philippe is a good guy. His lack of communication/dedication to the site is sad news.

• I agree with you Jud. But the show must go on. One person's incompetence / disinterest / distraction / con should not leave dozens and dozens of others at a disadvantage. Phillipe will have made his money & f**ked off, never to be heard of again, in which case who gives a shit: or he's semi-permanently incapacitated for whatever reason in which case it's high time he was deposed and the running / ownership of the site passed to those who are prepared to support it in word & deed. It would be a shame to leave this site behind; personally I'd prefer a bloodless coup with presrvation and perpetuation of the current infrastructure, although I'm not sure that that is possible in the world of the bit & the byte. In practice, this site will wither and die due to the lack of input from it's 'owner'; I reckon that if only a couple of dozen of the truly active 'members' were to 'defect', then there would be pretty much no content worth looking at on here. Given the publicity generated within this site & th '8' community by establishing another openly and publicly, all those who are interested would soon re-locate, and anyone being directed here for the first time would pretty soon get the idea and leave. One way or the other, in my personal view, the time for talking is finished & the time for doing has arrived. The remaining questions are who, when & how?

• Hey guys,

once again, thanks for the efforts. Jud seems to know something more than he can let on so lets wait with baited breath for some developements.

Personally I dont care if its this site or someone other than Roadfly. I think the format on this one leaves a lot of room for improvement.

While I live in a town across the big pond and on tuther side of the planet I will financially support the new venture and I don't mind if someone treats it as a business. That is he / they not only recover some costs but make it worth their time to do it professionally.

Keep me posted please guys.

And finally, isnt it a wonderfull world when we can express our opinions and disagree but still respect that the other guys opinion is neither righ t or wrong but "just is" an opinion.

My opinion is different to Jud's on Philipe. If he was really a good guy he would have put in a co pilot but unfortunately he doesnt give a toss for he has just bailed out leaving all of us worse off.

Thats life. Lets see what we can do and if we cant do it hear then hopefully we can be buddies elsewhere.
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Well if he is out to make some money why don't we have a collective to buy this site...

The infrastructure and basics for this place were well thought out and with a bit of a fettling I'm sure this site could equal or surpass roadfly for content and info available....

Somebody suggested the ammalgamation of the countries boards. Good idea (IMHO it will bring this board closer together)

There are alot of other ways that it can be improved but thats another topic and Poll!!!!

Does anyone have contact with the main man and would it be worth approaching him for the purchase of the site???

Your thoughts please gentlemen.....

• Making an enquiry might at least get him to put his head above the parapet, we'll have a better idea of what we might be dealing with. Acquiring the site is a way forward, all things have their price however & that needs to be known. I agree that the 'in your country' thing is a bit divisive, however what language are we all speaking? There may just be a place for it. IMHO I wouldn't piss about negotiating for too long, either it comes reasonably or gets killed by the (new) competition. Also, unless you have a whole library full of maintainance manuals, Roadfly is NOT the place or style for you (you being the averagely mechanically inclined owner-driver as opposed to the card-carrying spring-swapping anorak) other than as an uber-resource for technical debate & discussion. Al & Jud seem to be the people who've been in contact with PB most recently, whaddya think guys?

• Im just waiting to get in touch with him again, but it seems like a none-starter.

Luckily i never sent him any money and i certainly am not aware of the extent of the money he has made from this?

How many people have sent him money and how much?

If he was out for the money only wouldnt he have stuck along a bit longer and milked it for all he could?

I dont have the time or the skill to make another site, my skill range, whilst being good at what i know about, is narrow.

But i will help all i can with anyone who wishes to start a fresh!?

• Je rédige ce mot en français, et tant pis pour ceux qui devront utiliser un traducteur !

J'ai le plaisir de connaitre PHILIPPE BRULE et je suis agacé de lire les attaques répétées contre PHILIPPE :evil::evil::evil:

PHILIPPE is a good guy ! ça c'est vrai ! le reste n'est que mensonge !
    PHILIPPE est à l'origine de ce site !
    PHILIPPE a réussi à fédérer les amoureux de la 8 !
    http://www.clube31.de est né grace à PHILIPPE
    http://www.8-fest.com est egalement né grace à PHILIPPE.
    le site http://www.clube31.net est son Bébé !
    Pour des raisons techniques, le site a été fermé presque 1 an entre 2002 et 2003.
    Pour trouver un nouvel hebergeur et acheter un nouveau serveur, PHILIPPE a proposer une participation financiére aux membres du club !

Aujourd'hui le site fonctionne avec les limitations que nous connaissons.
    Je suis certain que PHILIPPE, trouvera une solution provisoire pour administrer son site.

Alors respect ! et vive le clube31 !

Philippe GEGOU (AMETHYST)
    BMW Club Serie 8 France
    E31 850 CI 1998 / X3 Drive 30e 2022 / I8 2017 / I3S 2020 / E30 cab 1992

• Just a rough translation for us all.....

I write this French word, and so much worse for those which will have to use a translator! I am pleased to know PHILIPPE BRULE and I am aggravated of reading the attacks repeated against PHILIPPE PHILIPPE is has good Guy! that it is true! the remainder is only lie! PHILIPPE is at the origin of this site! PHILIPPE succeeded in federating the in love ones with the 8! http://www.clube31.de was born thanks to PHILIPPE http://www.8-fest.com was born also thanks to PHILIPPE. the site http://www.clube31.net is its Baby! For technical reasons, the site was closed almost 1 year between 2002 and 2003. To find a new hebergor and to buy a new waiter, PHILIPPE has to propose a financiére participation in the members of the club! Today the site functions with the limitations which we know. I am certain that PHILIPPE, will find a solution provisional to manage his site. Then respect! and the clube31 lives

• Philippe had nothing to do with 8-Fest

What? Philippe had something to do with 8-Fest.Com? Are you kidding? Is this revisionist history in the making? I think it's the other way around.

Although I think Philippe is a good guy, I'm beyond belief that you think Philippe's influence is more than it is. Yes, Philippe worked hard on ClubE31.Net. Yes he assisted Ralf on ClubE31.De. However, Philippe had absolutely NO INVOLVEMENT in the making of 8-Fest.Com or any other E31 site that's out there today.

Therefore, let's get the facts straight:
    - http://www.8-fest.com was born without Philippe's help or suggestion
    - http://www.clube31.net was re-born with my personal assistance last year (this included my financial help and time)
    - I am supporting (or limping) ClubE31.net as best as I can
    - There are software problems in the site I'm unable to troubleshoot
    - A growing movement within the E31 community is working towards either migrating or taking over/fixing this site

Whatever Philippe's personal issues are, I'm sure they're terrible or he would be here working on this site. I have faith in Philippe. To that, I think there's some agreement.

• Jud, obviously you have more access to the workings of the site than i do and therefore are in more of a position that me to say what is going on.

Something very major MUST have happened for Philippe to have not come on here for so long.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!