Storage (on axle stands) - the definitive answer ?

• My CSi is about to go away for the Swiss winter and won't surface until May 2005.

Will do all the servicing during this time including Banjo check, intake gasket replacement and rear shock replacements. Lots of other small stuff to do too. Batteries will be on Battery Tender.

To save my tyres from flatspots (new Bridgestones), I want to raise the car and remove the wheels.

I have purchased 4 x axle stands (2ton load each) and 4 x new lift pads (the existing ones look a bit old).

How safe is it leave the car sitting for 6 months+ with the stands under the lift pads ?

• I would have more concern about having the suspension hanging oout of shape. Bushes etc in twisted position.

Ring the rubber company to verify but for mine I would not bother. I would simply inflate to maximum pressures.

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Cheers.

G'day Theo,

I hear you.

More than likely tie up the strut to create some slack. Wonder if a beer crate under the rotor will do it - got lots of them laying around ;)

Thanks again

Carl

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!