Prep for the car b4 i go away.........

• i know what you mean,sometimes you dont get replys...better that than smart ass replys like your thick or something,like i've had.
    any way...the only things i'd think of doing to the car is taking the wheels off and covering the discs but not air tight so theres no condensation,if outside cover car with a dust sheet with a tarpaulin over that.check anti-freeze and maybe put some slick 50 in with the oil so when you start it for the first time theres a bit of protection.hope that helps,have a good xmas les

• Re: Prep for the car b4 i go away.........

Zitat von karl_p

Im going away for a few months has anybody got any ideas on how to prep the car while im away apart from disconnecting the battery.Thanks Karl

I store mine over winter (December - May) in Switzerland and this is what I do.

If you have a power outlet nearby, get a BatteryTender and leave batteries on charge. I do this for two reasons:
    1. It keeps the batteries healthy
    2. You won't have to re-sync windows, sunroof and DK throttles or re-input the radio code when you reconnect the batteries.

Taking wheels off is good (to avoid flatspots) but be careful that the suspension doesn't hang as it will put undue strain on it. Better to get some old tyres that fit or 5 series rims and put those on.

Give the car a really good clean, including all rubber seals and wax the body.

I put a cover on mine just to keep dust and any bits that may fall from the roof off the bodywork.

Because mine is off the road for six months, I do an oil change before I drive it in May.

That's it! Have a good trip :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!