New Exhaust Mufflers

• Hi,
    just ordered some Magnaflow 14816 mufflers from Tokyo Express. As I understand it these won't just slip on, I think the inlet pipe on these is straight but the OEM one is bent apprx 45 degrees to meet the incoming pipe so it would need some adaptive to work. Also I'm not sure of the condition of the incoming pipes from the center resenator to the rear mufflers so they may need replacing with staneless as well.

Can anybody recommend someone in Southeast England to me who could do this ?

Preferably don't mention Kwik-Fit or the like :)

Steve

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Ok,
    been doing some looking on the interweb. Hear good things about Hayward & Scott but I have found a place about 10 miles down the road from me. Powerspeed

So unless anyones heard any bad things about them, I'll probably use them for convenience.

Steve

93 850 CSI

• Got them fitted. Was hoping to post some before and after sound files but I bust my microphone so I have the befores but not the afters. Anyway heres some pictures for now.

When I opened the boxes and looked at them my initial reaction was '...damn these are a bit big' but I think they look quite good on the car. I decided to have them set a slight angles just to add a bit of extra....style(?), might not be to everybodys taste but I think it works. I was also going to have the outer pipes shortened but decided against it at the last moment as I could always go back and do it once the exhausts are on the car. Still mulling that one over.

I'll comment on the sound when I post some sound files up.

93 850 CSI

• shiggsy, the size of pipe islooking good.but the slant of the twin pipes is not to my taste,are you happy with the sound?, is the centre resonater still there??

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi steve,
    >>the slant of the twin pipes is not to my taste

fair enough, the guy at the shop weren't to keen on it either. They called me down to come and have a look at just to make sure I really wanted to do it.

>>is the centre resonater still there
    yup, just had the back boxes put on and some new stainless down to the resenator.

>>are you happy with the sound
    Im happy enough. Above tickover to 1500 rpm they are a bit 'boomy' in a kind of cavenous way. When you stand behind it at fast tickover you don't so much hear it as feel it resonating through your head. Tickovers ok but I would have preferred a deeper burbley noise. Inside the car above 1500 rpm they suddenly fade away and you can't really hear them, much like stock which is good.

Given the choice to do it again I would probably go for a different Magnaflow model, but if the choice was these or stock I would have these.

Steve

93 850 CSI

• Ok,
    finally got round to doing a sound file of my new exhaust. I got delayed doing this as I took my motorbike ice skating early one morning and have only just got the use of my shoulder back,(if you think BMW parts are expensive giving Kawasaki a ring may cheer you up, try £700 for a new exhaust muffler )

Anyway...
    Files are apprx a meg each
    Old exhaust complete with blowy hole noise

New Exhaust complete with squeaky belt bearing noise

They are avi files and if you can't see them you may need to install this DivX codec.
    DivX Install

Also uses Lame 3.96 audio codec.

(yes the car had been for a good run before I revved it up).

93 850 CSI

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!