Parts Parts & still more Parts

• I have just bought a smei trailer load of E31 Parts from a chap that used to convert rhd to lhd E31s and has retired.

Thre is an m60 engine with 15,000 klms with auto, an auto off the back of a V12(not yet sure if 4 or 5 speed, 3 complete rear suspensions with diff etc, a complete 840 exhaust system, a complete 850 exhaust system, a rear half cut 840 English delivered( firewall back) with interior in grey and a several boxes fo trim parts as well as looms, drive motors for windows etc, etc.
    Hope to hire a truck next few days to collect but meantime if you need anyh wrecking/parting out bits, let me know.

I will add to the posting asap

Theo
    Melbourne
    Aust
    email:tjhoffs@ozemail.com.au

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Does that mean you a really lookinhg for an eFFie? Might be able to source one if serious. Remenber the pound exhange is well in your favour so bits n pieces could be cheaper than you think
    Cheers matey

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• A good friend of mine has just come back from visiting his family in Melbourne. He lives and works over here, at least until his visa runs out...

Any way his dad knew I wanted an effie so sent a brochure back with him and to top it all he is going to buy an F350 super crew with fullsize bed and put a camper top on to travel Oz when he retires this year......Bstard :cry:

My only stipulations are that it must have 4x4 Diesel super crew with leather and not white paint work!! Second hand is good...

At the moment you can buy them over here and have them converted to RHD but this costs approx £5K extra and I think the parts come from Oz anyway.... So my ideal truck would be £25K-£28K

The only problem that I am looking into is how to register it over here because it has been converted from standard I think they are being a bit funny but I am looking into this at the moment...I will let you know what I come up with...

Thanks very much for the offer and I will keep you informed...

All the best
    Alex

• Alex mate,

F trucks are not that big here. Canada and the US is the place for light truck.

Check the distances and the implications of RHD to LHD conversion but if you want choices and cheap, then thats the place..

Perhaps you could look at Carsales.com.au. It's an Ozzie website that lists all kinds of cars trucks etc. (nearly always an E31 also) It might give you some ideas of the market and what is available.

Stay in touch Pal

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Hello, I am looking for the drivers side coin holder, the upper insert between the rear seats (the part that covers the ski bag opening, and a new front noe if you happen to have one or no where I can purchase one,
    I would alos like to get a pair of front seats with the lower leg extension.

Thanks

BLK EYE

• Hello, I am looking for the drivers side coin holder, the upper insert between the rear seats (the part that covers the ski bag opening, and a new front noe if you happen to have one or no where I can purchase one,
    I would alos like to get a pair of front seats with the lower leg extension.

Thanks

BLK EYE

• Hi there BKL EYE,

Happy to help if I can but I need more information.

last 7 digits on your vin no EG cb97177
    better description of coin holder, what and where is it located
    Seats part? do you want seats or part thereof
    Left hand or right hand drive.?

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Hi Theo, I mean the coin holder in the drivers door below the arm rest, Yes I would like to purchase the whole seat/ not parts as long as they have the lower lumbar extension (sport seat), also the center console cover between the rear seats, mine is a LHD car I dont have my title on me now so I cant provide you with the VIN at this time but I provide it later.

Thanks

BLK EYE
    93 850CI

• BLK EYE hi,

I just looked for the coin holder but I cannot see anything that resembles a coin holder other than the long leather pocket at the botom of the door trim (leather). Is that what you mean?

As for the ski bag surround, Im fairly sure we can help. Do you have a digital camera, or can you borrow one to photo the part in question? Also color is important although if its the part I think you mean its black.

Sorry on the seats. There are several sets thatm have motors drives runners etc all in top condition . One sets has bum warmers which I might use in my own car. Ther is another set in a 94 wreck that I cannot open just yet. The power needs to be reconnected to drop the door glass in order to get it open. Its got two tone leather on the door trims but not on the seats so I dont think its a sport seat model. If by chance it is I will let you know.
    Stand by for the ski bag gizmo, it could take a week till I find time.

Meantime find a camera?

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Theo

Got any dead MIDs? I would like to have a pixelated one or two to attempt repair on.

Anyone else that has a dead one lying around, feel free to chime in.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Coin holder

It goes into the hole under the window switches on a LHD car-at least in North America. They are usually broke like mine or missing like this one is. They seem to have a little less designed in strength than the Ashtray door. This picture is from an E-bay car.

• Aha,
    everyday something new. The Aussie models I have seen plus at least the 94 UK car doesnt have them. Stand by for the ski carrier trim.

Terry, I take it you mean the check control panel/ computer screen?. No all gone.
    I had several enqs on the 840 calipers . Checked our price and found nearly $1100 each (AUD). One gut says he can buy them at $350 or so in the US. I \m surprised that they could be so different in price for most US to ASUt prices (save for exchange rate) are not that great a difference. I tried the real OEM site for a price but it seams they havent paid thei website fee so I cant check Would you be able to get me the correct US price?

Cheers
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Theo

Email this dude to get prices. dbelknap@gaultauto.com

When it comes to getting parts for your car try them too. They are a real BMW dealer but they discount the heck out of 8 parts and do ship offshore if memory serves me correctly.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!