seat removal problems!!??

• HI everyone!!! I have a 91 850I and I am trying to remove the seats to fix the lift linkage and motors(seat moves to the side when raised) but I cannot remove the bolts holding in the seat. I broke 2 ratchets and a gearbox in a power drill trying to get them out not even an impact wrench worked. ANY IDEAS???? any help will be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!!!!

• You can fix the cables without taking the seats out :D

The little pocket on the front of the seat pulls off -Straight forward

The motor and cable ends you need to fix are right behind it.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• yeah I know that and I have tried it. the problem is that all of the motors are burned out I need to replace all of the motors. Im probably just gonna get 2 new front seats. my neighbor is the VP of north america operations for faurecia. they make the seats for BMW he said he can get me some new ones. so I still need to get the olds one out. ANY IDEAS????

• I would send you to Roadfly to search the E31 archives but it seems to be down from here.

Have you tried them as left-hand threads?

It is hard to believe that all of the motors could be burned out though. Did you check all of the fuses in the trunk too?

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Not left -handed threads

I have removed my seats, and the threads are standard not left-handed.
    Make sure you are using a quality drive ratchet and socket (the drive should not break unless using a cheater bar).
    How well your socket fits depends to a grat degree on the quality of the tool. There is a big difference!! The lesser quality sockets will not fit well, and may even damage the bolt head.
    Try some penetrating oil, but if that does not work, you may have to have them drilled out (PITA!). I know that's not what you wanted to hear.
    Best of luck.

Regards,
    M.R.

• THANKS for the help I will register today and see what they have to say. as far as roadfly goes they arent much help when it comes to the 8.
    the penetrating oil is kinda a bad idea considering it stains the carpet and smells like crap. unless you know how to pull up the carpet with the seat in place? anyway thanks for the help guys!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!