Re:- HK 840 wreck

• Edited:
    The owner has asked me to state that the wrecked 840 parts are not for available outside HK....at this stage

CHEERS :shock:

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    1995 factory CSi sport kit
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Hi Richard

Funny you raise this point,Ive recently been stagered how cheap the early 850's are going for.
    It seems possible in the UK that one can buy a 1990 model Sub £4000,when you look at the cost of say a new bonnet and front wings, Maybe £1200- £1400 Front nose cone £400 +some other parts which are increasingly coming unavailable at your bmw parts counter,i would say if one had the space then store as many parts as possible.

If values keep plumeting at todays rate then i'll be clearing space for my 2nd 8 to use as a parts bin.

Rgds steve p

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Agree the parts are outrageously expensive vs the price ,,,

Vs the price of the car ...bizarre :(

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Hey Richard,

what to buy?

Like how bout thr whole f*&%$^g car!

I bought a shitload pf parts including a front end write off 840 with 20,000 klms up.

*Replaced my worn out rear suspension (at 200000 Klms it had more
    loose joints than its owner)

* replaced my worn front lower arms

* replaced my 200,000 klms 4.0 engine AND transmission

*replaced the sagging hood liner ( more sag than an old whore the
    morning after)

* replaced all kinds of everythings that move, turn squeak or light up
    and sold my old motor for what I paid for the whole damned lot..

Remember that the wreckers (here at least they use a very complicated formula to calculate second hand values. It is the retail price of what you'd pay at the stealers, less 40%. You chosse who rips you)

And you ask what to buy? Root me man, it's a better investment than property and shares combined! Just do it!

PS. I still have plenty of parts for those who wish to avoid the stealers. My price is half of theirs

Theo

Cheers boys
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Rich,

Hi! I'll take the headliner if there is one left. I was supposed to get a headliner from a salvaged 850 back in Oct. of 04 from a guy named Sean in Missouri (1fastford on yahoo or ebay) but got ripped off! He never shipped it out to me and took off with my money. Too bad I haven't heard of him before the fact that a few peers on this board and roadfly had told me of simliar situations.

Anyway my point is, unless you physically see the car, be careful of ordering parts from salvage yards online or over the phone. I would want a fellow 8 owner get screwed over like I did.

Cheers,

John P.

• Car belongs to a mate here in HK>>>>>>>

Its in a garage here, dont worry mate.

Whats a headliner??
    Richard

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Roof Lining

I call it roof lining.
    I will see what condition it's in.
    Cheers :D

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Hi Richard

What colour is the interior? I could use a few replacements if they're available, particularly

the gear selecter surround &
    the gear selecter light cluster

Obviously some mechanic, during my cars previous ownerships, didn't comprehend that not all parts can be prised out with a screwdriver, sometimes the hidden screw has to be undone first. :?

Thankfully, the guys I use, know what they are doing

Cheers

Keith
    Hong Kong

• Interior is Black and Blue

Car is black interior seats are black and blue.
    The interior condition is V Good

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Re: Interior is Black and Blue

Zitat von Richard.H

Car is black interior seats are black and blue.
    The interior condition is V Good

Richard,

Can you take some pictures of the roof lining and A-pillars & C-pillars when you get a chance?

Thanks,

John P.

• Sorry

sorry but the parts are not going to be available outside HK for the time being, not my car- (messenger)
    Cheers

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Keith hi,

I have the parts you are looking for but we need to confirm left or right hand drive. They are different. If you go to the" RealOEM.com" website and look around you will find diagrams and part numbers there.

I have two wrecked 8 series with plenty of parts but the roof liner is for my own droopy old one

regards

Theo Hoffs
    Pieces of Eight

Melbourne
    Australia

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Thanks for that Theo,

I will be looking at the 840 above at the end of August. Would appreciate if you could have a look at my wish list after that. :D My car is RHD.

On roof linings, I've noticed a few posts mentioning these. My local paint & bodywork shop fitted a new one from scratch for my wife's 325 and it looks great.

I called them today and was quoted at HK$1,600 for an 8 series (around AU$270 or US$200). This price for all materials & labour, to reline the roof, sunroof & all columns.

As a reference BMW HK price HK$4,800, (AU$815, US$615) for
    roof lining material only i.e.
    excluding columns
    excluding sunroof
    excluding labour :shock:

Maybe one of your local body shops could be a possible option for you in the future if pricing is reasonable :?:

Cheers

Keith
    Hong Kong

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!