SOLD my 850 Ahhhhhhhh !!

• Well I did it Sold the 850i - and I got far more than I paid 30 percent more.

OK I did invest around 6k USD in 12 mths half necesities and half cosmetic nice to haves. But It was a blast, I met some great people here with 8's too.
    Why ??
    After allot of deliberation Ive decided a V12 auto in HK is just crazy . My mileage is around 7mpg as I live near The Peak a very mountainous hilly part of Hong Kong and the best roads for fun driving are like driving in the French Riviera (no speed cameras) -only clear after 9pm or early in the morning like 6am.

I want a car that's more 'involving' to drive, more RAW. Nothing wrong with the 850i its just Hong Kong.

The roads here are twisty and rough and the speed limit is 110kph so owning a V12 - well its like having a pet lion in a cage.

I'm looking for a nice clean manual 1985 Porsche, I can really have some fun with. If I cant find one - I'm told there are NONE in HK all sold to dealers and exported rare as hens teeth ! If I cant find one I'll go without a car...no more autos here.

I don't drive Monday-Friday as I take a 5 min cab ride to the office so its gonna be an after 9pm and weekend car for some serious fun.

Thanks for all your help Terry, Theo, Keith, Siva and the gang
    All the best and thanks for the support.
    Cheers

PS Sold it to a young guy who is only 30 and only passed his driving test 3 days ago !!
    :wink:

• Hi
    Sorry to see you leave the Fold. :(

I have to agree with you about the caged bit though. My 840 sometimes seems that way here in suburbia. For some reason the local Constabulary seems offended when you are going "Feel Good" speeds in an 8 :o

I wish you luck in your search and good times with your family.

Have a Good Life and drop by once in a while :D

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Hi Richard

We all probably know where your coming from And wish you well with what ever takes your fancy !!

I have a mint 325 sport which sits alongside the 8, just got back from a very enjoyable blast rear end drifting whils't the roads are quite!

you cant beat aquick ratio box when you want a bit of fun.

All the best Sp

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Well, we didn't succeed in talking you out of it. :(

Look forward to meeting up again at the Gold Coast when you're back on the road. Good luck with the hunt.

Cheers

Keith

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!