rear window gasket replacement

• I seem to have a leak in my passenger side rear window... :cry:

I looked at it and there does seem to be a tear, I was quoted $180.00US
    for the part :x Does anyone have any experience with replacing this item, as I would rather eat broken glass than go to the dealer...

Thank-you in advance

DMP

• Search the archives on Roadflys E31 section. I remember several threads on that very subject.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Hi DMP

There are around four or five rubber/plastic parts that seal up the rear side windows. Normally it is the vertical weather strip that goes first. Is that where your tear is? If not, do you suffer from wind noise at speed?

We all suffer from a lack of knowledge from garages etc when we try to do this sort of thing. You may have been quoted for the rubbery weather strip AND the plastic guide that holds it to the rear quarter glass.

Keith

P.S. I am awaiting a quote on the very same parts for mine. Will keep you posted.

• I do not have any high speed noise, it does have a little tear right where it makes the curve, It was leaking, but I was able to mess with it a little and get it in the up position and it doesn't leak anymore, unless I spray it directly with the hose while washing. Although I never put it down anymore, and I really miss that, because that is a fantastic feature on these cars...

Thanks

DMP

• I HAVE A SPARE CAR WITH ALL RUBBERS IN TACT. lET ME KNOW THE PART NUMBER IF YOU NEED ANY

THEO
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB OF EIGHTS/PIECES OF EIGHT PARTS

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!