BMW Park Distance Control

• My 1997 840 has BMW PDC fitted - all parts have "BMW" on the back or them.
    The original owner must have been feeling very wealthy as they ticked every option available apart from the phone preparation - but on the dealer printout PDC is not mentioned. PDC doesn't appear in my 1997 price list either.
    So, was this a dealer fit option only or did it only become available after 1997 when it would have been retro-fitted?
    I ask because more than one person has insisted that this was never available for the E31 and "shouldn't be there".

• PDC Was an Available Option

PDC is indeed a factory option for the 8 Series and was usually done under special request order code 940.

One can also do the retrofit for PDC on the 8 Series. Here's the relevant link from Roadfly with another link to download the PDC dealer installation instructions: http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e31/6028234-1.html

If you contact me offline at www.8coupe.com/contact.aspx with your chassis number (it will be CC66XXX), then I can double-check to see if your 1997 840CiA had a special order request. You see, most dealer print-outs don't include the special request order code 940 details.

• I know its an UBER thread resuscitation but I have a question for the original poster. I saw one of your threads on bimmerforums where you show an upgraded set of sensors for your 840. They are smaller, more discreet sensors versus the original huge sensors with the square bases. Any info you can provide about the smaller sensors? Part numbers perhaps? Modifications you had to do to make them work?

Thanks!

CB42366- 91 850i Brilliantrot/schwarz nappa
    CD00144- 94 CSi Hellrot/schwarz nappa
    :devilchilli:

• Zitat von CaifanSC;109140

I know its an UBER thread resuscitation but I have a question for the original poster. I saw one of your threads on bimmerforums where you show an upgraded set of sensors for your 840. They are smaller, more discreet sensors versus the original huge sensors with the square bases. Any info you can provide about the smaller sensors? Part numbers perhaps? Modifications you had to do to make them work?

Thanks!

Hi. The small PDC kit was from ebay and roughly 40GBP. Can't remember supplier. It replaced all the OEM components. The hard part was filling the old giant holes!

• aaahh...so it wasn't just replacing the sensors, you ended up replacing the entire factory PDC system?

CB42366- 91 850i Brilliantrot/schwarz nappa
    CD00144- 94 CSi Hellrot/schwarz nappa
    :devilchilli:

• Take a good look at the after market PDC you want to buy.
    The factory PDC (which I had in my 540 E34) gave a constant beep at around 10 cm distance.
    Most of the aftermarket PDCs here in Germany are constantly peeping at 30-40 cm. :thumpdown:

That is a lot of space to maneuver. I ended up using a license plate frame mounted camera instead.

Cheers,
    Steve

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!