Oil & Filter

• My last two oil changes have had the following different part No's for the Oil Filter.

B11.42.7.510.717
    B11.42.7.833.769

Anybody know which one is correct and if one is wrong what engine should it have been used on? :?

Incidentally, my dealer says they only use Castrol SLX at £14.04 per litre. I spoke to Castrol today and they advised there was no problem using it but as the car is not on a long service interval programme like the modern cars I was effectively chucking good money down the drain. They recommended GTX Magnatec at about £8.50 per litre. I rang them today and they are going to refund the difference :D

• Used SLX in my 05 630i and also in a 01 530i Sport ....v expensive when bought from dealers as "top up kit" ...1l bottle , paper funnel and tissue for £18 ???

Magnatec great ran a V12 Ferrari on it with no problems and it's much cheaper and available in more places.....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!