Collection of four 840 Ci Sports for sale

• Dont worry ive seen them, :lol:, they're all on my watch list. :lol:

I have my eyes on one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-BMW…ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think this is the one for me, I have spoken to the seller, it has all the toys I want, :D:D just trying to come to some agreement on price, I have suggested to him that at 15 - 18k it is over priced, I mentioned 13k to him over the phone and he said it wasnt enough, now I have just emailed him to say I would increase to 14k and this would be my final offer.

What do people think, is my pricing guide about right at 14k?

Just a quick update on how my huntings been going.

I have been to see a few over the last few days, one which was in London, I spoke to the seller over the phone to make sure it wasnt going to be a wasted journey on my behalf and he assured me it was in A1 condition, well after over 3 hours of bloody traffic jams I finally get there to find out the so called A1 car was a bloody heep of s**t, so I gave the seller a mouth full and left, and to top it all I think I got caught for speeding on the M4 by a mobile unit, like my day couldnt get any worse.

The following day I went down to Bristol and viewed a couple there, now this was a lot more like it, they just didnt have all the toys I wanted and I wasnt too keen on the colour combinations.

So hopefully this guy on ebay will consider my offer.

I would love to read some of your thoughts on this car on ebay.

Thanks in advance

Wayne.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• This was the one that I was talking about it is in shocking condition for the age and the mileage for the car, just a few things that I noticed when I viewed it:

*The whole car has undergone a re-spray which isnt very good, there are overspray marks all over the car where they did not mask up properly.

*The front bumber has been removed in the past and has not been fitted back properly and its very loose.

*The bonet doesnt seem to match the lights when it is closed, and it is very loose, plus it doesnt seem to open correctly (something tells me this has been involved in an accident)

*The drivers side mirror is not fitted correctly, and is extreemly loose.

*The rear bumper has been removed in the past and again is very loose.

*The rear left light cluster has been cracked.

*The car has major scratches and small bumps all over the body.

*The interior is not too bad, has a few minor issues.

*The sunroof doesnt seem to open correctly, judders when you try to open it.

*When you start the car the whole car shakes, this is without any revs.

So just a sum up this is a bag of s**t.

Wayne

Wayne.

• Well depends on the spares u wanted the leather is ok but the engine i'm not too sure about as mentioned above it shakes quite violently so im not too sure, but i suppose yes it has done under average mileage so might be okay. There are other 8's for sale cheaper than this if you are after a lot of spares.

What spares are you looking for?

Wayne

Wayne.

• AVOID S726GAN

Well just keep away from that velvet blue S reg 840ci sport advertised for £10699 registration S726GAN . Its my old 8 series and Ive thrashed the F@*! out of it.
    Although the the car has only done 82K and has FBMWSH it needs a lot of work including.....

New brakes etc Callipers. New front and rear shocks. The car was resprayed due to me being too fussy with the body work however came out worse as the guy who sprayed it done a s**t job. AND!!! The car needs new ball joints rear trailer arm bushes etc etc I can go on.

The engine however is superb no faults there. In the two years I owned and drove it the car only let me down once when the cam sensors packed in.

By the way I take my hat of to the bloke whos got four for sale on ebay and all in bloody good nick.
    Now theres a true enthusiastic 8 series owner.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!