Club Life --> some Questions

• Hi Friends of the BMW 8 Series
    Last Weekend was an Meeting in the middle of Switzerland. I write here into your Forum an Link to the German Side. There are standing all information about the Meeting.
    Now the Problem: The Link is killed... Who deleted the Link to the german Side and Why?
    Sorry, I heard at the meeting here in Swiss, that the germans and american clube31 have some problems together - not my problem! My Hobby is the e31 and the people who drive with this car! If some Manager or Clubchiefs have Problems together and kills Links (by Hand or Robot`s) from the members so we can go to the VW Golf Club - from these kind of clubs we have a lot!
    We are Friends of the BMW 840 & 850 and not Friends from a poor policy. I want go to meeting all over Europe got to now friends of the E31! And if we have some Problems between the two Clubs - tell it me!

Greeting from the middle of Switzerland
    Volkmen
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now an Test:
    http://www.clube31.de
    GREAT MACHINE: automatic from clube31. de to clube31. net SUPER THANK YOU! Taste it!
    Its Like the Propaganda from 1939 till 1945 in Germany

I`d taste it in the german side - no problem...

Eine Kurve ist die lieblichste Entfernung zwischen zwei Punkten.

• Hello Volkmen,

I agree with you concerning problems of point of view between club .com et .de, and I can certify you I didn't delete the link of the german forum...

I just want to precise that the clube31.com is not an american website but an international website, it's located in USA but for reason of better price. The problem is not between germans, americans, frenchies or others but only because some persons are unable to change their state of mind concerning the making of a "real" World Wide Club. :roll:

I would like to maintain a very good spirit of the 8 in europe and all over the world, because, as you say, "We are Friends of the BMW 840 & 850".

And very good pictures of the meeting and beautiful place. :wink:

:eviltongue: Moi en Martinique, ma 8 en métropole... cherchez l'erreur !

• Hi all,

I fully agree. We should all be part of the international community of people who love the 8 series. Currently we are trying to start a Dutch 8-club like the one the French and Germans have. There is no reason, however, that we all should not be part of this international community.

Cheers,

Peter

• This is a very good idea to make your website, but as you probably know, the french website is a part of the ".com" site. We use the same forum engine and we share files like photos, pictures.

I'm working to translate articles in french, we have our own management, but we are a piece of the international puzzle of the 8.

Why don"t you contact Jud Spencer, in order to ask him how to create your website under the ".com", like us ?

In my point of view, I would like all european countries creating their own website under the ".com". Thus, no problem of separate clubs, just one international website ".com" and many "under clubs" in the same house...

Long life to te 8 community and may the 8 be with us !

• Alex hi,

That sounds like a good idea. In a couple of weeks we have a little meeting here in Holland to discuss these matters. There are not many members who are actually active, so the meeting will only consist of about 6 cars. Nevertheless, I'll do everything I can to create a Dutch under the .com flag 8-club.

Cheers,

Peter

• During the meeting in Paris, I met Dick Baars and Heinz Jacobs, I know they want to make a Dutch website but under what site (.com or .de ??).

It's a difficult choice, and I don't have to tell you what to do... but you have to know that Jud works a lot to unify all 8 clubs, he wants to create a unique club but some "important" german members totally disagree with his idea.

Takes the good decision, but what will happen, we will remain in the same spirit of the 8. :wink:

• Hi Alex,

Thanks for the advice. It indeed was Dick who came up with the idea. And it are exactly the points you mentioned that we will discuss. I, for one, agree with Judd in that we should unify. We can obviously have different chapters, but in the end we are all 8 lovers and we stand stronger as a team. Maybe I can figure out what exactly the point of view of the German people is, what their arguments are (sorry for the generalization).

Also, sorry for taking over this thread, but we are about to decide on this matter. So, if anyone has arguments for or against uniting 8-clubs, please let me know.

Cheers,

Peter

• Peter, now I prefer to discuss of this point by direct e-mail, because I don't really think the forum is the better place to talk about this. We are (frenchies) also concerned by this problem and our decision is not took yet.

I hope you understand me ?

• Sorry, its not the Question where is the "real" club of the e31 driver - or the best - or the biggest! F**k off: Go to the club with the nicest Peoples or the best cars. And an club under US American control: NO THANKS!!! Politic by Guantanamo Bay, Robots that Change my Links and Mods what deletet Links JUST SAY NO!!!
    And its not fair, that the "Robots" change the .de domain to the .net adress. They make it not from self, the Webmaster programms the automatic for them. Who is the person that do this?
    And Sorry Alex: Its an American Side under the totaly Controll of them! The Proof are the robots! And if you have problems with the Money, tell it me, i pay for you the 60 Euro / Year for the Hosting in Switzerland without "Big Brother whatching"! Next Question: Who closed the Phosting Meeting in Switzerland? Also the Robots? May i Write the Link to the pictures inside from these very nice Weekend; better we close it??? No, Alex! You are Moderator! You have to know it! Change it! And wake up your Mind!

For me is no Queastions where is the "Real Club". If we have a Bridge between Europe and America so we can have an Worldwide Club and the ONLY ONE! But without Bridge never will be a meeting beetwen these two big Clubs (Driving by Plane???) And the poor politic in these Forum shows where`s the real one...
    So, now you can delet my Account and my Nickname Volkmen comes on the Black list

Have a nice time with your dictatorship :evil:
    Volkmen

Eine Kurve ist die lieblichste Entfernung zwischen zwei Punkten.

• Hi Alex and Volkmen,

Alex: I get your your point, we may strike some nerves here. However, I do like to be open to anyone so people can express their oppinion. And hopefully we will meet some understanding from all sides. I think it's bad enough that the're sides to begin with.

Volkmen: I agree with you that it should in no way be the case that links get deleted, by anything or anyone. Especially when it concerns meetings.
    However, I do NOT think we should get into a political discussion about this. Please, lets keep American politics or our likes and dislikes out of this. Let us just find the obvious common ground, which is the 8. That is all that this should be about. At the same time this is shout out to everyone!!!

Cheers,

Peter

• ClubE31.De Link Issues

Bonsoir/Hallo;

Fabrice left me a voice message and I am investigating the problem. Sure enough, I'm unable to post a link to www. ClubE31. d e - for some reason it goes back to http://www.ClubE31.net.

Before everyone gets upset, let me find out why "ClubE31. d e" is defaulting to ClubE31.net.

Please avoid conspiracy conclusions, remember there are "defaults" in the PHP software as it relates to links. This may be a legacy issue from Msr Brule.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I'm sorry about the link issues and I'll work extra hard to figure it out.

(note to Volkmen: I'm really a nice guy, just like other North American 8er owners! We're glad you're here and you're welcome to continue participating in this forum.)

Warm regards,

• :cry: Ok it's time to ask for firemen because the t° is very hot !

Dear Volkmen, Fabrice Dray and me, are the "new" webmaster of the "french part" of the website since one months, not more, so we haven't got enough power to make things such as the "automatic translation" of ". de" to ". net" . But now Fabrice will look for this real problem with Jud and we want to know what's this joke.

I've unlock your last post "meeting en suisse" and I really don't know who has deleted the link (not me and not Fabrice, be sure) and who has locked the post.

If you look at the home page of the the french website, you will see I have put a link to the ". com" and an other one to the ". de" . No need to have a bridge, just one "clic". I enjoy this communication between the different websites, but I think we are adult enough to not write about policy (Jud is not W Bush and this is a good thing !).

Please, keep calm. We all know that the "8 problem between club" is real and I think the better solution is to discuss. Each one is free to take his own decision and it's very difficult to solve the problem... Fredi Hatt knows it better than me.

And I hate the idea to make a black list, if you're ok, you'll remain the welcome on this website... I hope with no problems of "automatic translation"... :wink:

One more thing, at the first sign of a "real" dictatorship, you can be sure I will do my best to be free...

Thanks for your understanding.

• Hi,
    I'm not yet an "happy 8 owner", so sorry to put here my opinion. But I will as soon I am able to find the "good one for me".

In some months I've learned from this site a lot of things about this great car. The info that you share here is very good to know the car, which are the most common problems, to have a good "buyer guide", etc... My preferences (and budget, for buying and for maintenance) had changed a lot since I start my research on autumn 2005(Yes, I'm quite demanding) And my love to the 8 has growth to a great passion, only by discovering the secrets of this car, or reading your stories, problems, challenges, etc...

Also, as a future owner, I give an enormous value to a site that allow me to share all my problems, find solutions and know what are others doing in the same or similar conditions worldwide. Specially when we are talking about a car 10 years old (in the best cases), with a very weak support expectable from the manufacturer...

I knew nothing about the "8 problem between club" before this thread. But I think that in one and another side of the ocean, In Europe as in America, Asia or Australia, or wherever, the problems with the car are very similar. And, if from Spain i will not participate in the American meetings, I will be happy to know what are they doing, and to see some photos of his cars.

So (and because this is'nt an politics site) I think that to be divided in "local" sites isn't the best way to keep the knowledge about the 8 as strong, deep and shared as possible.

Best regards,

Alex

• Hi Alex,

I understand your point of view and I will not continue to discuss about ".de" or ".com". My job is to give the best documents to the 8 community... but, let me give you an example concerning the "local websites" (I would like to precise this is MY opinion) :

- Firstly, the problem of the language, many people doesn't speak, read and learn english very well... since we have made the french part, many of 8 owners have joined us (15 members to 65 members today !) I'm sure the problem is the same in every countries. So I think it's a good thing to touch the biggest number of 8 owners... no ?

- Secondly, our "local website" is not totally independent from the "main website", we use the same pictures, the same photos, the same forum,... have a look to this 2 links :
    http://www.clube31.net/France/…?page=4&mode=article&k=17
    http://www.clube31.net/main.php?t=55
    The same article (very little differences), one in english and the other in french, and you can see the french website is under the same "clube31.net". Now, we need to have a look on each articles and pick up the new information to translate it... not a real problem I think...

- thirdly, I think local website is able to help us to encounter other 8 owners of the same country more easily than the main website.

In fact, I can say, the main website for the knowledge of the 8, and local websites for an easiest contact between members !

Cheers,

• Hi, Alex.

Of course, I agree with you when you say: "the main website for the knowledge of the 8, and local websites for an easiest contact between members !"

That's what I was triying to mean in my post. So the solution the french site has done is for me the right solution: Be "inside" a global site, sharing as ressources as possible.

And also agree with you about the problem of the language. In my case, I have improved a lot my english & french looking at your site, but they still being "not so good...". Maybe this is why my opinion was not so clear before.

Cheers,

Alex

• Thanks Alex...

And I have improved my english too, by using this forum.

At this time, Jud is working on the new platform of the ".com" website, and we have to discuss about the idea to create other "local websites".

But this involve that we will need a "staff" by country to develop and maintain each websites. We will need a strong implication of members in different countries. For now, be patient... and why not in the next months, you would create your own "local website"...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!