• US models seem to have the auto up/down from the remote disabled for Liability reasons. But the process still works with the key in the drivers door.

I think that it is just a programming option that is turned off if the key in the door works.

Did any other countries do the same?

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• strangly enough i can open the car and get the windows down but not up when i close it,
    thought the option doesn´t exist cause my back windows seem not to have the option to come up automaticly even when driving.......................

• I have noticed this.

a) hold down Open button on remote key, all windows come down and sunroof retracts.

b) turn key in door CC and all windows go up, and sunroof closes.

and c) all windows down, drive at 100mph (which is amusing to say least in this condition) and only the front two windows come up automaticallly leaving rears and sunroof open. Odd.

I'm not sure why the BMW want the windows to close at 100mph, but I have lost several ciggies to the process as they are guilotined without warning..... :D

If anyone knows how to reprogam their remote key to close the windows from distance I would be interested.

Also, do not play with this function too much in one sitting as it places quite a strain on the batteries and you can run them down with excessive use (I know this to my frustation). :?

• It is universal that the "speed auto close" only does the front windows.

Just went down to check mine. All 4 windows and the sunroof open and close with the key twist and hold.

Per US standard you could hold the buttons until the battery in the remote went dead and it only locks and unlocks the doors.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Windows

My 1996 850 is a Canada Spec car and all windows go up and down together with sunroof both on key in door and by holding down the open/close button on the remote. Sometimes they don't respond to the remote, but I put this down to a bad contact in the key. Is mine the only one?

Peter Bannister
    1996 850 Ci Calypsorot

• the rear windows do not auto-close at 100mph because they can be dislocated due to the forward side being straight/vertical. It follows you should never close them at high speed.
    Steve

• Why oh Why would any driver want the rear windows open at High speed :shock::shock::!:

Such is the air turbulance within the car,everything not nailed down gets sucked out :shock: it is not a pleasent exprience :roll:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Yes Steve you are right, what i meant was never close them when you are travelling at high speed, rather make sure they are closed beforehand, at least the rear window.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!