taking on water !!

• I have been taking on water during "HEAVY" rain.. It has since ruined my rear tray, I will need all new interior, but do not want to replace until I am sure the problem is fixed... I had the "rear" window gaskets replaced, $$$$$(which I understand to be a common problem), but the other day I was still receiving some wet "gifts"... I believe now my rear window gasket may be bad.... any help from my brothers????

Happy Motoring !!!

Thank-you in advance

DMP :twisted:

• The rear window 'gasket' is purely cosmetic, the rear window is bonded to the car, if you have a leak there then they probably need to remove the rear window, (which will probably break).

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• The glass is glued with Eurothane same as the front and comes out the same way........cut with a razor knife using plenty of new blades. If you let someone else do it they will probably break it ( good for those with white stain in the bottom of the glass) so be sure they are insured!

For the DIY person just go slow if you take it for a look

Hope it helps

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!