20" ALPINA ALLOYS FOR SALE

• Guys does anyone know if i need to make any modifications to put on a set of 20" alpina original alloys on a eight series?? They are from a 99t reg 750. Will it rub on the suspension etc etc

Please let me know asap as the guy whos selling them is having to fly them over from poland.

Many thaks.

Tony uk im pretty sure you can help me with this :wink:

• Hi,

I've just completed the installation of the 20" alloy rims on my 8.

No mods are required if you respect the offset. Take care of the tyre size also. Try to not exceed the original diameter. With the new tyre the diameter should be within a maximum of 3% of the original one.

FYI,
    Ideal set up is:
    Front wheel - 8"1/2 x 20" - ET 18 - center bore 72.5 mm - 245/30/20
    Rear wheel - 9"1/2 x 20" - ET 22 - center bore 72.5 mm - 285/25/20

But it depends also on your springs. If the car is lower (-1" -1"1/2) than original you may have to slightly stretch your rear wings.

Hope this will help.

Laurent

850 csi 1993
    X5 3.0d pack sport 2002
    Dodge Viper RT/10 2002
    Dodge Viper GTS Startech 2001
    MT-01 (hum...)

• Sorry I got no pix of the car with the 4 wheels installed but as soon as I'll be at home I will post the pix.

On the third picture the car looks very high but she's still on the lifting jack !

Laurent

850 csi 1993
    X5 3.0d pack sport 2002
    Dodge Viper RT/10 2002
    Dodge Viper GTS Startech 2001
    MT-01 (hum...)

• Have you considered what the ride will be like with 25% aspect ratio tyres?

I've include a screenshot from my home made tyre calculator which agrees with Redbull's rear tyre sizes.

The 285/35x18 is the size specified by BMW as an option for the Csi.

Going from 35% to 25% may not sound much, but the "scale" is logarithmic, so as you get into very low profiles a small numerical difference can make a real difference to ride.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!