Workshop Manual for 850i

• Hi there
    can anybody tell me where i can lay my hands on a workshop manual for an 1991 E31 M70 850i? I have been conned into a `CD shop manual` bought off ebay. All it is is a parts manual that BMW use to locate replacements parts, what I need is a proper workshop manual similar in essence to a Haines manual.

Can any one advise??

Keep the shiny side up!
    Thanks and happy 850 days

Eric

• Hi, thanks alot for the url it has a gold mine of info for the 850`s

Just another now, the AC cooling fan (which incidentally has a dual purpose ie: it also acts as an engine auxillary fan) runs intermittently even when i turn the AC off, the inside of the car still gets cold as though i hadn`t turned it off.

Any ideas?

Thanx Eric

• >AC cooling fan
    >runs intermittently even when i turn the AC off,
    >the inside of the car still gets cold as though i hadn`t turned it off.

The A/C runs intermittently when starting the car?
    My A/C does that - solution: put the ventilation wheel
    to "0" (shutdown the '8's heating/cooling system) -
    I thought it was a malfunction, but it is not!

It has something to do with purging moisture in the
    A/C evaporator, if certain condicitions are present
    (my does this in summer temperatures mainly),
    check-out ( in pg.28 :(

http://www.e31faq.com/attachments/att166.pdf

Regards.

-Antonio Mota
    '91 850 6-speed 175.000 km

• Hi, Antonio,

How are you?

Since i last posted my question re A/C i have not had a chance to take the 850 out as the weather has not been very nice in Vancouver...(you know. . .only sunny days for the Toy!) But what I have noticed in the past is that if i turn off the ventilation fan switch then there is no fresh air allowed into the car, as all the vents are electronically controlled, other than opening the window! Any suggestions?

Thanks and have a happy New Year

Eric

• >only sunny days for the Toy!

Same thing here... :oops:

>if i turn off the ventilation fan switch then there is no fresh air

Yep... :?

>Any suggestions?

Well, that article says this "automatic A/C on-off"
    only does that for a few minutes? I never had the
    chance to find, 'cause I turn off fan for some minutes
    than on, and A/C stays off after.

Now is winter here and this "automatic" stuff does not
    happen at all. It does only in hotter weather, and with
    some moisture condition, I gess.

I would "listen" to your car some more
    ocasions to see if the pattern makes
    sence or if it's indeed some malfunction...
    ... the climate system in 850 is complex,
    many many pages in the article, i.e.,
    many thins to broke! :o

Regards!

-AM

• go to a download page, i.e limewire.
    search for BMW ETK (parts catalog) and TIS (bmw's own work shop manual)
    burn the cd's an install on you're computer.
    then you have the same system on you're computer as the BMW dealers/shops have (exept the parts prices)

And my 850's A/C act like other has described here, A/C fan runs with A/C in off, I thought it was a malfunction too.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Hello every one

First I would like to wish all you 8 series owners (and fans) a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Thank you also for all the advice regarding the very `quirky` AC system the 850 seems to have.

Unfortunately over the last 2 months the weather on the North Shore has been brutal. . .Snow. . . rain . . .storms with 1000`s of trees down. . . more rain. . . more snow. . .infact it is snopwing as I type. So the `baby` is all tucked up nice and warm in the garage waiting for the wramer sunny days so that I can take it for a blast . . . to clear the cobwebs!

I have the software manuals that you describe but the TIS has no information at all. . .I knew that sucker on ebay ripped me off!! So all I have is the ETK part. It is good for part details but does not offer repair diagnostics.

Up to now all my repairs have been by `process of elimination` having an electronics and mechanical background helps!!

WUFFER from the photo on your page, you and I have identical twins. . cars that is! the only difference is that mine is a RIGHTHAND drive. Yes i shipped it over when I came to live in beatiful B.C.

Well that is all for now.

So keep the shiny side up and enjoy your 8`s in 2007

Eric :P

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!